What the hell is camel phat

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
What the hell is camel phat and does it work?
I have seen on you tube(dupspot tutorials) these guys use camel phat on sounds. These sounds where cool but without seemingly doing anything they became fuller. This fullness to a sound is something I greatly desire but never seem to accomplish. Also can the effects of camel phat be recreated in reason?

As it says on the tin its a sound fattener, phattener if you prefer. Also has some cool lfo'd effects but its mostly used for its filter which can make dull bass sounds richer.
Not sure about reason tho. Its essentially a filter with a compressor, distortion etc. So these combined could be reproduced.

Theres a free version of Camelphat called CamelCrusher

I think their the same just with less presets

its got a good name, camelcrusher, but its hardly the same. its got 3 faders on it, camel phat has like 30 dials on it, including... everything i think, tube, compressor, dist, overdrive, an x-y axis, etc.
i dont actually dig on camelphat that much

Last edited:
camelcrusher is quite a nice little distortion plugin, dont use it myself anymore, but i used to allot, combined with Phosycon, you can make sum filthy acid noises

So what's (computer music mag) CMFuzz then? Is that the same as camelcrusher? Just the four sections. It's ok for distortion sometimes anyway.

Camel crusher is a bit crusher distortion, Camel Phat is a filter effect.

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

Theres also Camel Space- which is another standalone effect that can add delay, trancegates and a right few other effects I cant remember.

camel phat is the best thing since sliced bread. love it. trust, split you bassline in two, add some camel toe too 300 hz+ and bam, dutty shizney. mmhmm. to be fair tho, distortions distortion.

Back
Top Bottom