What tempo is it again..

well my tempo gauge is fuckin faaaaaaar from on point so i dont wanna mess with the vocals cos any time ive tried that they've fucked up and i've had to start from scratch... urghhhh... what a cunt!

Sketcha... if ur listening mate... can u find the EXACT tempo for us bruv?

they sound good at points but i think they are a little too fast and i think your starting point might be off a little its kinda hard to tell exactly what it is but they do go off time. I would placing it just a little before when you think they would come in and slow it down a little ( i really hear how much faster it is at the "Shed Tears vocal area around 1:00 - 1:08) i could be completely wrong tho...

I can never get my acapellas exactly on time either and it's damn annoying. Always end up ragequitting. Is it just me or is working with vocals in FL really hard?

I can never get my acapellas exactly on time either and it's damn annoying. Always end up ragequitting. Is it just me or is working with vocals in FL really hard?

its really easy.

now its 94.xxx - set up a project, import the vocals, set project speed to half of your dnb tune, click on the sample and click "fit to tempo"

export & import into your dnb project, done.

yeah it goes out of time a little bit, not much but it definitily fuks the groove

it also sounds to me like the first word of each phrase comes in a fraction to late, from what i can work out, its best to have the very first part of the word a few m/s in front of the beat you want it to fall on, at the moment its a few m/s after the kick

I think it might be a case of with slower hip hop you can hang the vocals off the beat but at faster more clinical speeds like dnb it sounds wrong? Gotta do some chopping I think.

tbh, i don't think you need it in as much, just have some pre-drop, then say 64 after the drop bring em in again, with little bites in between to keep it interestin while maybe takin the drums out for a sec

I think it might be a case of with slower hip hop you can hang the vocals off the beat but at faster more clinical speeds like dnb it sounds wrong? Gotta do some chopping I think.

Yeah I think some chopping is going to be invovled, i tried mixing the acapella with some dnb track last night and found the third and fourth bar ''where light never shines and the evil are feeding, on soles of the ones who had sinned to break even'' kept sounding too fast and going out of time, its almost like my tempo changes on those few bars, but when you listen to the vocal over the original track it seems to sound normal, im a complete noob at this sort of thing so i don't really know what to suggest. Ive put all the tracks and acapellas through a free bpm analyzer i downloaded and here's the results;

The Inferno Acapella - 104.84 bpm
The Inferno Acapella (Dry Version) - 105.13 bpm
The Inferno Track (beat and vocals) - 94.03 bpm
The Inferno Instrumental (beat only) - 94.02 bpm

Hope this helps mate.

yeah, so also this is why dry vocals are good. If you had reverb or delay or anything with a tail then when you chop it up the echos or reverb tails from the previous word are still there over the next word even when you chop it and move it around, if you get what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom