What systems and equipment are peeps using to gig? Where's killer sound design at?

Full Throttle

Funktion One Operators
We have been using Funktion One equipment because we were converted a few years back. We've worked with JBL and TAD drivers, EAW, Meyer, L'acoustics V'dosc and Dvdosc, as well as D&B. We currently using a CDJ2000Nexus Rig, and play around with Funktion One Res 5s, Res 4s, and Res 2s. We use Funktion One because of its organic and open sound, high SPL, and lack of distortion, XTA processing and MC2 amplifiers. But we're wandering what else is out there at the moment; what's peoples' take on equipment these days?

Cheers!

Re: What systems and equipment are peeps using to gig? Where's killer sound design at

I play at a grebby little bar. Its a reasonable setup with logic tops, some nice bins, a battered mixer + 1210's and a broken monitor.

Its badly setup and needs help.

There was another place I played at with an adequately sized Martin rig. Again, shit setup, the resonance in the booth was deafening and with no monitors not many DJ's stood a chance.
Then there are the two biggest clubs in my local area, one put the bass bins under the booth. Fuckin stupid idea. The other had broken equipment and no monitors.

It doesnt matter how much you spend on gear, if youre not willing to get in a good sound man you might aswell be playing on a behringer PA.

Honestly its a joke. Also, I love a good moan.

Re: What systems and equipment are peeps using to gig? Where's killer sound design at

when youve played on a 1210 that starts spinning backwards when you reach +6, youl truely understand the meaning of bad setup. The monitor was an old guitar amp, like a little 8" one. not much fun! From different clubs ive been to, im a big fan of Funktion 1 stuff!

For my personal/mobile rig, I'm using a QSC setup (2 x KRK 12") managed through a passive Peavey Mixer. Great speakers, easy to transport, outstanding sonic quality/range for both indoor & outdoor venues.

I used JBL EONs for years, but they began to sound a bit "hollow" to me after listening to other PA systems.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom