DnB What synthesizers does Telemetrik use on My Light Year?

What synthesizers does Telemetrik use on My Light Year?

• My light year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evil exists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bocc

Hello,
I am wondering what synthesizer/s Telemetrik uses on My Light Year? Particularly on tracks My light year, Magnet and Evil Exists.

Thanks,
Bocc

My personal opinion is that more emphasis should be placed on the signal path, specifically what effects, and in which order, were used to sculpt the resulting sound. Unfortunately, this is one of those love / hate things, there's nothing standardized about the "sculpting" processes, it's all up to the identity of the sound of the artist. Often I hear: "If it sounds good, it is good".

My personal opinion is that more emphasis should be placed on the signal path, specifically what effects, and in which order, were used to sculpt the resulting sound. Unfortunately, this is one of those love / hate things, there's nothing standardized about the "sculpting" processes, it's all up to the identity of the sound of the artist. Often I hear: "If it sounds good, it is good".
I'm new to Drum n Bass in terms of creating the music. I've like listening to it for a long time (mostly neuro funk) but still wouldn't I need the base sound to sculpt from a specific synthesizer. Or could I get those same or similar ones on another one? I just really like some of the specific sounds on this album that I could sculpt in a different way so not to copy but still have that base ground work for the sound...

Thanks Dark Lizardo.

I don't want to use a software synth unless it's for practice before I buy an analogue one. But sounds as though its mostly in the production so hopefully a Mini moog will suit what I'm after to create similar sounds. If anyone does know what exact synth telemetrik used though, still please post.

If you wanna pay 3k for basic waveforms, sure go ahead. Would rather spend 500 bucks on some really good reverbs, delays and other processing effects (hardware and software), then pay 300-500 for a really versatile midi-controller (to have keys to play and knobs to fiddle with in real-time), and finally get a good software synth, just for the basic tone.

Those leads and pads in his music really just sound like basic shapes drowned in reverb and delay. Almost like the echo of the original signal is being used as an actual instrument, where as the dry signal from the synthesizer is almost faded out. While doing this, the effect/method you're using to create the echo matters more than any microscopic differences between a saw wave from a good software synth VS. a saw wave from a good hardware synth.

His melodies are really nice too and no synth is going to give you that on a silver plate, same way as no piano will sound good if you can't play it.

If you wanna pay 3k for basic waveforms, sure go ahead. Would rather spend 500 bucks on some really good reverbs, delays and other processing effects (hardware and software), then pay 300-500 for a really versatile midi-controller (to have keys to play and knobs to fiddle with in real-time), and finally get a good software synth, just for the basic tone.

Those leads and pads in his music really just sound like basic shapes drowned in reverb and delay. Almost like the echo of the original signal is being used as an actual instrument, where as the dry signal from the synthesizer is almost faded out. While doing this, the effect/method you're using to create the echo matters more than any microscopic differences between a saw wave from a good software synth VS. a saw wave from a good hardware synth.

His melodies are really nice too and no synth is going to give you that on a silver plate, same way as no piano will sound good if you can't play it.

Thanks for your information agu, i'll keep that in mind reverbs and delays to see what I can do with the moog. I want the synth for live performance, so in my opinion analogue is always gonna trump digital atm for a live show (its not for a drum n bass set). And wont have a problem with the melodies ;)

Cheers for the help.

Back
Top Bottom