DnB What style of DNB do you listen to the most

I listen to anything that sounds good, I like most styles of dnb. depends what mood im in really.

That's tough, I mostly mix the type of rolling, techy, grimey stuff but I often bring in some more synthy stuff too. It's the same when I'm just listening to it. I guess that variation is the key for me, can't stand to listen to the same kind of stuff all the time. Luckily dnb is so varied, so I can listen to dnb for a really long time, without it getting boring.

Very true.

Some days / weeks I listen to / mix one of the styles above & that's all I will listen to / play that day / week. If I'm feeling uninspired by that particular genre or not feeling it, I listen to something else that I like. Variety is the spice of life & all that. Then when you go back to a particular style, there is a bit of a new found rediscovering of it, or why you liked it in the first place.

i think he was being sarcastic man. subgenres are not important at all, they obviously hinder producers and listeners and force them into certain boxes. less creativity n such. think about it.

I like dj fresh

ram records make the hardest tracks

i really like listening to Andy c sets

my favourite drum and bass producer is skrillex

Anything deep, dark or sketchy. Techstep mainly, I guess. I really like all the steppy stuff that Dub Phizix and co do, don't know if that actually has a name. Autonomic's brill, although there isn't a huge lot of it about. Don't like ragga jungle and can't stand that ultra hard/dark technoid/skullstep stuff. That's not dnb to me.

I listen to a lot of amature producers. I feel it is like professional production. A whole lot of shit mixed in with some great stuff. The sad part is when I go back listening to some big names I am not as impressed as I used to be. I think to myself a lot "Man is this track bland, but fuck it is mixed well."

into all sorts but for me the techy/neurofunk stuff is on fire at the moment, some fucking great output from sooo many producers right now

Started off at Pendulum like many seem to have done and just as they started getting shit I went through Hospital but just as they started getting shit I managed to find RAM and just as they started getting shit I got more into the deeper, darker, techy stuff. Favourite labels are now Dispatch and Critical.

I also like a bit of jump up and (proper) liquid just as long as it's not the screechy or cheesy shit. And I'll still go back to Hospital and RAM (who are only shit about half the time) if they put out something decent like most of Sick Music 3. I listen to most forms of dnb as long as, like I said, it's not screechy or cheesy shit.

Last edited:
anything dark & minimal ish

critical, broken audio, cylon, autonomic, exit etc etc

I like hospital records and pendulum. h8rz guna h8.

But seriously though, if it's drum and bass, I like it.

Seein as you like ya jump up you listened to Maji&Eks Independence day yet come out yesterday?
Got some big mixes on there and Eksman on it with sooo many fresh bars

Slowly getting into the darker side of things. But I honestly like everything and thats a good stance imo, bringing the scene together and all that.

Entire Hospital crew, some darker Ram stuff... Def some Noisia as well! Everything except for that 'new' wave of drum & bass which is all about rollers like Icicle and stuff...

Back
Top Bottom