DnB What song has your favourite snare?

chalupiak

Jonathan Chalupiak
What tune's snare had released the most chemicals in your brain? or is just good in terms of quality? Basically just your opinion on the snare that comes to your head when you think of the "best" snare.
For me its definitely this bad boy. Current Value is just sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something with some fuckin BALLS ie. NOT the modern chopstick on a chopping board style

Mefjus - Far Too Close (Or any other tune from Mefjus or the Neosignal guys with that high pitched snare)

I loved this at first but now I can barely stand hearing it anymore. I do like that militant snare Misanthrop used in Amboss tho :)

Anyways my choice would be the one from Tyke's Buzzards, I love those clapping snares atm!

Mefjus - Far Too Close (Or any other tune from Mefjus or the Neosignal guys with that high pitched snare)

This is exactly what I can't stand about that type of techy dnb that's so in vogue right now. It's just so over processed, boring and lacking in attitude. Don't understand how people can get lively to it.

This is exactly what I can't stand about that type of techy dnb that's so in vogue right now. It's just so over processed, boring and lacking in attitude. Don't understand how people can get lively to it.

same thought here.

my fav snare atm
(1:30)

this...it works some of the time, but i want to hear more classic sounding vintage funk breaks in todays techy/neurofunk tunes.

I do agree that it has been overused now, that high pitched snare, but it blew my away at first, so it was the first one that sprung to mind.

Always liked everything about Culture Shocks production, including his snares. Not just that one from Ohrwurm and Bad Red, but just in general, it is very precise and clinical in tracks like Surprise, Protection, Machine and so on. Oh, and Enei's snares are always tight too.

Also really loving the sound of the God Made Me Funky snare that Dbridge often uses

Back
Top Bottom