What Software Synths Are You Using?

xiris

Resident Canadian
VIP Junglist
I'm gonna put out the 2 main ones;

Serum: Is there anyone out there who DOESN'T use Serum these days? Its wickedly versatile, relatively sane on CPU power and having the ability to draw in your own wave tables makes it hands down my favorite synth.

Massive: The pre-serum standard, it now sounds digital by today's standards, and tbh i haven't used it since i migrated to my new computer, but this was the synth i learned on.

Anyone remember Predator?

Monark: Nice thick analogue sounding basses

Form or Absynth: For resampling and making strange modulations

Serum: I make a lot of drum sounds with it believe it or not.

I really want to get UVI Falcon. It has some amazing features!

I'm still using synthmaster for the same reason as @Sulihin - serum just didn't offer much more than it and it seemed like a lot to pay for a couple of obscure wavetable features I probably wouldn't get much use out of

Thanks man

Right...

I've had some time to get used to Pigments and its features.

GUI:
Amazing. Some synths get a bit tiresome to look at for extended periods of time, but the design and layout is sleek af.

Standalone:
You don't have to load up your DAW to start making sounds, which is something I find very important for sound design days.
It enables you to focus on the synth and create & save presets for future use without getting distracted by your DAW

Options:
Not only is it a synth, but it's a sampler as well with granular options. I've found assigning the grain size parameter to a macro knob extremely useful!

Sound:
I've often found that some synths lack depth and sound a bit cheap. This synth sounds great.

FX:
Multiple distortion & filter options, as well as 2 types of delay, a few modulation fx and reverb.

I copped it on a rent to own basis & I'm very glad I did. I'd recommend it!

Also I've made some cool basses, then resynthesized them via granular synthesis, which was given some great results!

I use Pigments, Operator and a whole bunch of other Arturia synths from their V Collection.
Are the Arturia V collections worth it? I’m looking at getting the 6, don’t know how often I’d use it... so many presets tho!

I use various synths mainly depends on what mood I’m in or what sound I’m trying to make.

Pigments or Alchemy for ‘modern’ sounds where I might want to do clever things with envelopes and layers.

Then I’ve got Diva, Repro-1, V collection, KORG legacy, KORG Odyssey and impOscar 2 for times when I want a classic synth sound. I do love having having a collection of emulations of Synthesizers that I will never be able to own

Back
Top Bottom