What size midi keyboard do you use?

mr meh

VIP Junglist
So i think ive made a mistake buying this Behringer 25 key midi keyboard, i thought i could save myself some cash getting the smaller one but that doesnt seem to be the case, i dont really like using the octave shift button......need to have more octaves in front of me at one time so probably gonna sell this and get a bigger one, not sure if im gonna get 49 or 61 yet, M-Audio Oxygen seem to be popular.....

So um yeah :lol: what size keyboard do you guys have?

I use a 25 but I would prefer a larger one, have become used to using the octave shift buttons though and I only really use the keyboard to get ideas down, when making the actual tune I'll normally just programme the notes in.

I used to have a 61 key but i sold it and bought one with more faders and knobs but this "new" one is 49 keys and I don't really notice the difference at all. I would imagine I would if iI were actually a trained piano player though.

88, but its an electric piano, i used to use a 49key keyboard, but its annoying as hell tbh, even for simple things, i like to play chords/pads/melodies together as much as possible, and play around with them live before laying things down, so i only use the piano

25 key, saves space and on the few occasional times I go out to DJ with my laptop it comes in handy as a secondary controller.

sometimes none. often, a 72 because I play piano itself, but sitting down in the studio tends to be more about getting sounds together for me, than writing a piece of music there and then...

Emu X-board 49. Good size for laying out melodies, although even just 49 keys still takes a good chunk of desk space.

Back
Top Bottom