what should i buy to start producing liquid Drum & Bass

hi all. i have my own studio on the top floor of a mill. i have just got a macbook laptop and i want to start producing liquid D&B! what programs should i use and where do i start when making the amazing drum & Bass beats. is it all in the high-hats or is it a delay on the snare? or how is it made?????????????????

cheers chris

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
You're going to have master a shitload of things to make good tracks but Logic is a good start. There is no magic recipe to making great tracks.

Mattix

Sub Focus anyone?
VIP Junglist
You're going to have master a shitload of things to make good tracks but Logic is a good start. There is no magic recipe to making great tracks.
Well there is one reciepe...you take a little bit of sub, add a dash of focus, mix that with some phat sounds and various synths, put it in the firdge for about 2 weeks and you should get a masterpiece! AHAHAHAHAHA - thats so cool! Im so cool!

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Fl is nice for it too, just need the right plugins. Z3ta+ is nice for it. Zebra too. for bass just use a 3x osc and make a sub.

I wonder if it's alright to scratch to Liquid. I might get killed by the wanker police if I did so tho.