What should I be paying for 2 X 1210's?

Echospace

Hey,

Just wondered if I can get some advice, I have recently stepped into the world of Vinyl after years of admiring it but being put off by the price.

Now I am over the price and think it's a better investment than just buying MP3's or Wav's and just a much better way to enjoy your music. I have just recently been lent a pair of CDJ's but haven't got round to setting them up at the moment.

I have been reading this forum for quite a while now and the 1210's keep getting mentioned, I have done a bit of research and am I correct in saying that they no longer make these so I will have to buy second hand?

Which doesn't bother me too much but I am wondering what I should be expected to pay for 2x's 1210's and any do's and don'ts when buying? Stuff to look out for etc.

I came across this deal which looks alright - http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/d...-concorde-djs-alesis-m1-active-520/1001151859

I came across a good set of Numark CDJ's for around £499 incl mixer and Headphones which I planned to buy and pick up vinyl as a hobby and maybe get some decks at a later point. However, I saw someone write on here about not "Buying your equipment twice" and if I plan to buy Decks at some point I might as well get them now - whoever that was thank you!

that looks like a pretty decent deal...warning about the behringer mixer though, that one looks a lot more "advanced" than mine...but mines shit, absolutely no resistance on the faders and the EQ is piss poor (vmx200 usb)

am I correct in saying that they no longer make these so I will have to buy second hand?

Yes.

what I should be expected to pay for 2x's 1210's

I'm not sure what theyre selling for atm. I bought mine a couple years ago with an absolute boatload of vinyl (which I don't play,) for £500. Wouldn't recommend doing that.

any do's and don'ts when buying? Stuff to look out for etc.

Check the pitch faders are tight. Don't hand over money until you've seen it plugged in and working (always a bit harder when buying online...) Check the start / stop, and that they actually do that (doesn't spin back at all when you press stop etc) also move the tone arm around a bit, check it moves freely and doesn't go nuts

not "Buying your equipment twice"

Save yourself some cash, don't do it :)

Got mine for £400 a couple of years ago with a crap numark mixer and some dodgy headphones that fell apart soon after. Those can be easily replaced though, the decks will last a lifetime! Looking at ebay pricing now is roughly 200-300 per deck, my advice would be to watch a few to get a feel for how much they are going for.

As for that deal it seems a bit overpriced imo but i've heard nothing but good things about the DDM4000, Behringer has a bad rep but this was supposed to be good especially for the price!

Thanks all 3 of you, this gives me a bit to go on now. Yeah, I can't get that set up anyway as I am no where near Brighton and wouldn't want to pay the postage. I have a Behringer that I am borrowing and don't really like it at all to be honest.

Thanks a lot again I am just cautious of getting ripped off needlessly.

Price has gone up slightly since production ceased.

I paid £350 including postage. I was really lucky. Mint condish as well.

paid £200 quid for 2 1210's and some wanky numark mixer when I was 17 just turning 18.

They weren't in good condition. In fact they were battered.
Learnt to mix well on what I had. Saved some pennies, and then in the last month or two sent them to be pretty much full restored with the Turntable Pimp (hes on the forum & all round decent fella)

So all in all I spent near £500 but spaced over 5 years so not so bad.

In regards to the mixer comments, I managed to pick up a DJM600 for £200 mint condition, boxed. There is a definitely a bargain out there..it took me a while to find what I wanted for the right price, but keep looking and you will find a gem eventually :2thumbs:

Love your comment that Vinyl is a better way to enjoy your music. I absolutely love it and long may they continue selling it. big ups & welcome

doesn't spin back at all when you press stop

what does this show? need service? brake needs adjusting? just bought my first pair and when i press the stop this happens, only a minimal amount

Follow this advice:

Always view them in person, if youre buying them used from a club, dont bother, theyre probably in bits. A private seller is better, most people take care of their gear.

That Behringer mixer is actually meant to be really good (for the price). I think it lasts more than 1 week of use!

Jokes aside, ive heard its head and shoulders over any other behringer mixers. Do some research on it, I think you'll be surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
brake needs adjusting? just bought my first pair and when i press the stop this happens, only a minimal amount

Yeh its the brake. Mines got a bit of bounce in it too, im saving up to get them over to mistanoize :thumbup:

funny that i just sent him an e-mail not sure about the pimping but a good ol' service cant be a bad thing.

AJ sent me in the direction of a vid showing you how to adjust the brake, fairly simple as it goes.

Back
Top Bottom