What should I be paying for 2 X 1210's?

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by DanielBristol, Oct 25, 2012.

1. DanielBristol

DanielBristol New Member

Hey,

Just wondered if I can get some advice, I have recently stepped into the world of Vinyl after years of admiring it but being put off by the price.

Now I am over the price and think it's a better investment than just buying MP3's or Wav's and just a much better way to enjoy your music. I have just recently been lent a pair of CDJ's but haven't got round to setting them up at the moment.

I have been reading this forum for quite a while now and the 1210's keep getting mentioned, I have done a bit of research and am I correct in saying that they no longer make these so I will have to buy second hand?

Which doesn't bother me too much but I am wondering what I should be expected to pay for 2x's 1210's and any do's and don'ts when buying? Stuff to look out for etc.

I came across this deal which looks alright - http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/d...-concorde-djs-alesis-m1-active-520/1001151859

I came across a good set of Numark CDJ's for around £499 incl mixer and Headphones which I planned to buy and pick up vinyl as a hobby and maybe get some decks at a later point. However, I saw someone write on here about not "Buying your equipment twice" and if I plan to buy Decks at some point I might as well get them now - whoever that was thank you!

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

that looks like a pretty decent deal...warning about the behringer mixer though, that one looks a lot more "advanced" than mine...but mines shit, absolutely no resistance on the faders and the EQ is piss poor (vmx200 usb)

3. rj_dnb

rj_dnb Well-Known Member

Yes.

I'm not sure what theyre selling for atm. I bought mine a couple years ago with an absolute boatload of vinyl (which I don't play,) for £500. Wouldn't recommend doing that.

Check the pitch faders are tight. Don't hand over money until you've seen it plugged in and working (always a bit harder when buying online...) Check the start / stop, and that they actually do that (doesn't spin back at all when you press stop etc) also move the tone arm around a bit, check it moves freely and doesn't go nuts

Save yourself some cash, don't do it :)

4. Matty28

Matty28 Active Member

Got mine for £400 a couple of years ago with a crap numark mixer and some dodgy headphones that fell apart soon after. Those can be easily replaced though, the decks will last a lifetime! Looking at ebay pricing now is roughly 200-300 per deck, my advice would be to watch a few to get a feel for how much they are going for.

As for that deal it seems a bit overpriced imo but i've heard nothing but good things about the DDM4000, Behringer has a bad rep but this was supposed to be good especially for the price!

5. DanielBristol

DanielBristol New Member

Thanks all 3 of you, this gives me a bit to go on now. Yeah, I can't get that set up anyway as I am no where near Brighton and wouldn't want to pay the postage. I have a Behringer that I am borrowing and don't really like it at all to be honest.

Thanks a lot again I am just cautious of getting ripped off needlessly.

6. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Price has gone up slightly since production ceased.

I paid £350 including postage. I was really lucky. Mint condish as well.

7. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

paid £200 quid for 2 1210's and some wanky numark mixer when I was 17 just turning 18.

They weren't in good condition. In fact they were battered.
    Learnt to mix well on what I had. Saved some pennies, and then in the last month or two sent them to be pretty much full restored with the Turntable Pimp (hes on the forum & all round decent fella)

So all in all I spent near £500 but spaced over 5 years so not so bad.

In regards to the mixer comments, I managed to pick up a DJM600 for £200 mint condition, boxed. There is a definitely a bargain out there..it took me a while to find what I wanted for the right price, but keep looking and you will find a gem eventually :2thumbs:

Love your comment that Vinyl is a better way to enjoy your music. I absolutely love it and long may they continue selling it. big ups & welcome

8. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

what does this show? need service? brake needs adjusting? just bought my first pair and when i press the stop this happens, only a minimal amount

9. Howitzer

Howitzer Active Member

Follow this advice:

Always view them in person, if youre buying them used from a club, dont bother, theyre probably in bits. A private seller is better, most people take care of their gear.

That Behringer mixer is actually meant to be really good (for the price). I think it lasts more than 1 week of use!

Jokes aside, ive heard its head and shoulders over any other behringer mixers. Do some research on it, I think you'll be surprised.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    bn14 likes this.
  10. rj_dnb

rj_dnb Well-Known Member

Yeh its the brake. Mines got a bit of bounce in it too, im saving up to get them over to mistanoize :thumbup:

11. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

funny that i just sent him an e-mail not sure about the pimping but a good ol' service cant be a bad thing.

AJ sent me in the direction of a vid showing you how to adjust the brake, fairly simple as it goes.