What should I be looking for...?

dnb in ya face

Loud and Dirrrty
VIP Junglist
Iv bene listening to dnb casually for a few years but really get into it more now mostly thanks to chase and status.

Just been downloading sets and stuff but not sure of the sub-genre of dnb that im into.

I thought it was "jump up" but after listening to a few jump up sets they aren't that great. Just the wrong sets or wrong genre??

I love fast dnb that you can really have a dance to and that really get partys going. Im really into chase and status, tunes like - take me away, music club, smash tv, is it really worth it. Also into stuff from aphrodite like "ganja man" etc. Sub focus, bad company - stuff like that. Is this not "jump up"???

What sub genre should I be looking for....

Might be a stupid question to most of you but ya gotta start somewhere. Much love for any help/advice.

Cheers peeps

Sounds like your into your 'dancefloor' drum n bass...

Artists you may like are:

Sub Focus
Pendulum
Fresh
Brookes Brothers
Culture Shock
Xample
Lomax
Matrix & Futurebound

Edit: Add Sigma to that list aswell cant believe I forgot about them

Last edited:
Yeah Scotty has got it summed up pretty perfectly there on artists........ i have a mix tha tcomes to mind...its by a guy who us a member on our radio station forum (Disfunktional Radio)

This is his tracklisting.....

Sigma - All Blue
Pendulum - Still grey
Chase & Status - Hurt You
Chase & Status - Take Me Away
Pendulum - Back 2 U
Baron - Squelch (Sub Focus Remix)
Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up (Sub Focus Remix)
Sub Focus - Xray
Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix)

Take a look at it.... http://z10.invisionfree.com/DisfunktionalRadio/index.php?showtopic=1798

Cheers ppl I will have a look heard most of them. Good stuff.
That sigma - all blue is a tuuune. I think i got the c+s remix though not the original...

Im liking some drumsound and bassline smith aswell what sort of dnb is this?

What would "Bad Company - The Nine" come under? I love that grimey bass

sorry 4 all the questions ! :)

Limewax,Tech itch,counterstrike,donny,audio :D
maybe be too heavy but dont knock it till uv listened to it

bad company come under the subgenre darkstep, techstep

check out ed rush and optical.

if you like this heavy shit you may like more modern artists that have changed the sound

noisia, icicle, spor, phace, calyx, but this is more neurofunk

Last edited:
Yeah thought tone deaf had it right.

Listen to alot of the Ram lot's songs. Also try branching out to artists such as

Dj Fresh, Baron, Drumsound and Bassline Smith, Dirtyphonics, Camo and Krooked.

Just a few that have a bit more of a stand-alone sound.

Cheers every1....Not sure about the heavy shit really i prefer lighter dnb like that "all blue" tune. Cant explain it really its almost like old skool dnb. if thats even a genre?

Would u class chase n status - druids as heavy dnb. i like that tune a lot because it would be good for a party when everyones fucked, would get a prty going! Like a lot of tunes like that, not sure what they are classed as either

Cheers every1....Not sure about the heavy shit really i prefer lighter dnb like that "all blue" tune. Cant explain it really its almost like old skool dnb. if thats even a genre?

Would u class chase n status - druids as heavy dnb. i like that tune a lot because it would be good for a party when everyones fucked, would get a prty going! Like a lot of tunes like that, not sure what they are classed as either

would probs class druids as dancefloor/jump up also check out chase and staus-wise up

would probs class druids as dancefloor/jump up also check out chase and staus-wise up

Yeah wise up is a heavy tune imo, "no good" is also a great tune, the c+s remix.

Well cheers everyone for your comments now have a better idea of the sub genre's. Most new stuff aint great imo but I guess its more neurofunk than dnb (well some new stuff not all of it)

Is there a sub genre called old skool dnb ? Love old skool as well its my other favourite genre just behind dnb. Some sorta mix of the 2 would be good lol! :)

if ya liking stuff like all blue n take me away your probs looking @ liquid as your (sub genre) if that wat u wanna call it try artists like high contrast,logistics,sigma,danny byrd,london electricity, label-hospital records, b complex, calibre, shy fx, brookes bros,redeyes ......................

Back
Top Bottom