What shall i do?

Bishman82

Ive just borrowed a set of 1210 mk3d's over the weekend and it was the first time i had used technics since learning to mix properly.

Ive got a pair of belt drive decks in my living room, and they are still quite good as long as your not too heavy handed with them and dont want to do anything too fancy, but obviously i'm not going to learn much more unless i get something more sturdy ;)

the only thing is, i can't find the mk3d model any more and the mk5 is a lot more than the mk2 but the mk2 does have that annoying 'click' on the pitch at zero, is it worth spending the extra on the mk5 or do any of you know of any good online stores to get a pair from cheap?

cheers

You could always get a 2nd hand pair on ebay or something. The 'click' really isnt much of a problem tho. If you think that u're gonna move into it, ajdust the pitch on the other deck. I'm always playin my tunes at about +2-4 anyway. I did turn a deck off with my sleve once! So i spose the new gaurd is useful. Its up to you tho, as ull prob never need to buy another pair of decks, regardless of wot 1210 model u get.

J2K said:
You could always get a 2nd hand pair on ebay or something. The 'click' really isnt much of a problem tho. If you think that u're gonna move into it, ajdust the pitch on the other deck. I'm always playin my tunes at about +2-4 anyway. I did turn a deck off with my sleve once! So i spose the new gaurd is useful. Its up to you tho, as ull prob never need to buy another pair of decks, regardless of wot 1210 model u get.

Actually, the click on my decks now is'nt a problem really, i'm just thinking i would be pissed off if it became a problem at a later date, but then again i would feel stupid if i spent an extra £50+ just to get the mk5's if i did'nt need to.

I've got a few days until i have the money so i will have to think about it.

Also, i would apreciate any feedback from anyone who has ordered decks online, i got some stuff from djstore once and they were good even though some of it arrived a day late :)

But i don't want to be kept waiting all week for them to arrive then have to send one back because the damn delivery guy had a piano on top of one, cracked the case and fucked up one of the arms.

Back
Top Bottom