What Sennheiser are the best?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23164

for everything. djing. music production. just listening. everything!

your experiences..

www.sennheiser.com/

BG_2.jpg

bg_momentum_new_header.jpg

square_louped_IE_800_sq_1.jpg

i see what your saying...

but

Sennheiser was started by German scientists just after WW2..

Audio-Technica was started by hippy Japanese people in the 60s.

u know? :teeth:

i hope you understand my logic.

the Japanese people also most likely make the computer your typing on, tv you watch , most other things you use on a day to day basis.

I Bet your not in the market for most other German ' Technology ' theres a reason behind that .....

I think you'll find that most Sennheiser DJ and consumer targeted headphones are bass heavy. E.g. They are not good for reference monitoring and producing as they colour the low end too much.

I think you'll find that most Sennheiser DJ and consumer targeted headphones are bass heavy. E.g. They are not good for reference monitoring and producing as they colour the low end too much.

But their studio headphones are fairly flat with the frequency response.

in a bass oriented genre.. isn't this something you want?

in a bass oriented genre.. isn't this something you want?

No, because when something has a boost in the low/mid freqs it'll make the bass sound weak on a proper system.

Yeah, you'll need a pair of headphones with a completely flat frequency response so what you hear in your headphones when you're producing is what will be heard on a big fuck off system when you play your tune out when you are gigging.

The HD DJ range emphasise the low/mid frequencies more as that is the detail you need to hear when DJing in a loud club. This is no good for reference monitoring though as the extra boost to the the low/mid frequencies gives a false representation of your mix.

Tried a set of those Momentum headphones the other day and I was really underwhelmed. They feel really flimsy and sound pretty weak.

To build on what gloxxy's saying - imagine trying to paint a picture with blue tinted glasses on, you wouldn't be able to see what you were doing properly. Headphones which have their own sound have the same effect on production.

Yeah, you'll need a pair of headphones with a completely flat frequency response so what you hear in your headphones when you're producing is what will be heard on a big fuck off system when you play your tune out when you are gigging.

The HD DJ range emphasise the low/mid frequencies more as that is the detail you need to hear when DJing in a loud club. This is no good for reference monitoring though as the extra boost to the the low/mid frequencies gives a false representation of your mix.

However, HD25's are still a great reference for a mix, I use mine alongside my Beyer DT880's to ensure ive got it sounding right.

I'm using the hd25 for playing dj sets, but not for studio. For DJing they are pretty awesome, i don't regret buying them, they are worth every cent. I haven't really tried out sennheiser studio headphones, i got AKGs and i'm pretty happy with them, because they never lie. If it sounds shitty on them, it simply sounds shitty everywhere. It's only difficult to figure out the sub on headphones.

Has anyone bought the new, colored sennheiser headphones? I think they are neither for DJing, nor for studio? Just for consuming? Anyways, would still be a good reference i guess.

Shouldn't really be mixing on headphones anyway.

Some might say it's a better option than working in an unideal room though.

At least you can get a somewhat flat response with the cans. Just better be a/bing a lot and taking longer breaks.

Apparently Icicle does a lot of his production in headphones.

He also has the best mixdowns (pre master) in D&B according to a reliable source. Barely any adjustments are required during the mastering stage.

I always though headphones were ok, as long as you A/B with something decent, shouldnt be too far off. Hell I used some Beats Bass boomers for all my stuff(im sheeple I know :( ), as long as I can A/B I am fairly confident in getting the best mix that I can achieve through cans.

Back
Top Bottom