What quality MP3s can you play out with?

jay walker

1/2 of Passive/Aggressive
VIP Junglist
Alrighty then - Ive played out a few 320k MP3s an they sound criss, but can you play 192k MP3s on a large soundsystem? Is the lower quality noticible, and is there anyway to increase the quality of the 192k when it comes to burn the cd up? :shrug:

Has anyone had bad experiences playing 192ks out?

Help a brotha out!

jay walker said:
Alrighty then - Ive played out a few 320k MP3s an they sound criss, but can you play 192k MP3s on a large soundsystem? Is the lower quality noticible, and is there anyway to increase the quality of the 192k when it comes to burn the cd up? :shrug:

Has anyone had bad experiences playing 192ks out?

Help a brotha out!
192Kbps fine, ask M-Code ;)

Seriously though, I wouldn't play anything below 192Kbps, it may sound to start gash!

Stick with 192 or above bro.

I play out at 192 to 320. If it's live and direct i.e in a club then you really needs uncompressed AIFF or WAV.
192 is good if its a CD Rip 256kbs and 320kbs are ideal for vinyl.
Tip: try not to clean your vinyl rips up to much, removing the pops hisses etc can flatten a track. Also the closer to vinyl it sounds the more 'real' it feels. :)

eclipse I play out at 192 to 320. If it's live and direct i.e in a club then you really needs uncompressed AIFF or WAV.
192 is good if its a CD Rip 256kbs and 320kbs are ideal for vinyl.
Tip: try not to clean your vinyl rips up to much, removing the pops hisses etc can flatten a track. Also the closer to vinyl it sounds the more 'real' it feels.

(y) Cheers bro

192 is ok on a smaller club system - but on a fairly big rig there is no way to play less than 256k, better 320es..

the loss on bass and treble end of a 192 compared to 320 is very clearly hearable on big systems (tested it myself)..

:slayer:

:whipem:
sdm@work said:
192Kbps fine, ask M-Code ;)

Seriously though, I wouldn't play anything below 192Kbps, it may sound to start gash!

Stick with 192 or above bro.
oi manz.... 192 iz like the most similar to da wav file, so it iz da "best" of mp3-z..... hhm itz tru dat non mp3 can produce quality like a real audio format... wen u listenin da mp3 shitz above 192 u can hear a ticklin from ur speakers..
specially wen u downloadin muzik from da net..
i'ma usin YAMAHA sound system and hearin a lot differences amongst any formats.... so if ya want quality stik with an real audio... have a nice listenin :rasta:

aye ive pumped out 192 and it sounds bling! although, cds do sound quite a bit better - anyways i use 900w for disco haha so it doesn't sound too bad!

Why would you play mp3's on a rig? they sound bad enough when played on hifi and that colours most of the compression quality loss.
My advice, just dont, get the original

Back
Top Bottom