what promos can we expect to see this week?

Deep Blue - Helicopter Tune rmx
Mathematics - ? - Renegade
Various - Air EP - Renegade Hardware
Sappo - ? - Frontline

Not a great week but things are quietening down a bit over the summer

:afro: May the fro be with you

New Releases:

V/A MDZ.02 LP/CD [Metalheadz]
Fierce, BC, Ed Rush, Optical 'Innocence/Rehab' [Quarantine] bout time too!
V/A 'Anything & Everything Vol 2' [Commercial Suicide]
Kryptic Minds 'The Truth/Devil's Path' [Frequency]
Pascal 'Watershed EP' [True Playaz]
Eskobar 'Ghetto Love/Fallin' [Beatz]
Digital 'Sounds of Freedom/3 Point' [CIA]
Koop [Patife Rmx] 'Waltz for Koop' [Stimulus]
Perfect Combination and Ixis 'In the Forest/Deep Media' [Freeform]
TC 'Resonator' [BS1]
Unknown 'Born & Raised/Count Your Money' [Lightcase]
V/A 'Knowledge V.27' [Knowledge]

Promos:

Nos [Acetate & Renegade Rmx] 'Chameleon' [Dispatch]
Total Science 'Love Sick/Show me It' [Fix]
DJ Ron 'Little Man' [GMM]
V/A 'Perspective EP 2' [Aspect]
Deadly P 'Overdose/New Generation' [Dead]
Polarity 'Future/High Funk Overdose' [Phunction]
Tango & Ratty 'Senseless/Inventa' [L Plates]

bah, two of my biggest cainers are coming out :mad: :D :D

innocence and the truth.

klusta said:
Tango & Ratty 'Senseless/Inventa' [L Plates]

Yah baybe! I've been wanting to get my hands on this for a LONG time. I'm so happy I was able to get the promo of it last Friday. Its not as awesome as I had hoped but its 'ok'. Tango & Ratty are hardcore masters so I had such higher hopes. It seems like they've played it safe with this one by going with the tried and true (?) boring roller formula. The first tune "Inventa" doesn't do much at all other then play with a mentasm type sound making it go fowards and backwards over a 2-step beat. Then this guy saying something that resembles the title speaks over the tune. Its rather boring yet I find myself liking it simply because Tango and Ratty made it. The other tune "Senseless" is slightly more entertaining as it goes with the Bad Company heavy metal sound. Instead of going for streight devil worship metal it adds that old Tango and Ratty hardcore funk to it through the use of classic hardcore funk stabs and nice bouncy sub bass kicks. The sustained dramatic cord in this cut (think scooby doo in a 'mysterious' haunted house scene) is kind of lame as it adds tention to a track that could otherwise be more upbeat. They used the same trick in the "Train Track" track from Shop Floor EP vol.3 back in 2000. In that tune it worked however here it doesn't. Also the drop takes too long I find.

You see I just have such high expectations from Tango & Ratty cause I know they can totaly blow my mind with their excellent jungle tekno selections however this record is just downright blah.

Triple M said:
Any idea when klusta?
want this badboi..

not sure how the vocal version is gunna turn out ?!?!?

:/

Shouldn't be long before its on the street now. Had one come through this morning and it's just the normal mix along with the original b-side on it. Cat no......PORTICA005.

I don't think the vocal mix is happening anymore. J Majik signed it to Infrared but Ray Keith and Fabio got miffed cos Danny C had both recorded for them before and I think that they were maybe expecting it. So Danny C went back to the original idea of a Portica release and whadayaknow............no vocal mix.

Im quite glad actually. The word "vocal mix" is starting to crop up a lot in unessesary circumstances. Heard Skibba do his live Twist Em Out thing at Gods Kitchen though which was quite mad.

It's me, Skibadee...................

yeah, everything dosnt have to be 'vocal'

just missed mexican test press, so if can get ur hands on a copy it would be muchly appreciated.. think u owe me a favour :P :P

Triple M said:
yeah, everything dosnt have to be 'vocal'

just missed mexican test press, so if can get ur hands on a copy it would be muchly appreciated.. think u owe me a favour :P :P

They only sent me one copy mate.

Nu-Urban will be closed from this Friday untill the 27th of August so im not too sure if this means that there wont be any releases / whites until then. We'll have to see....

Back
Top Bottom