what phone to upgrade to....

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EvezDroppin, Jan 24, 2012.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

roiiight...

I'm due an upgrade form my 3gs have been for the past month but cant decide on what phone I want...
    I Don't want to pay an overpriced contract for the Iphone + insurance so unless theyre a fair bit cheaper now this is not really an option..

Also my big problem with most phones as theyre getting more powerful is how little time the battery lasts, my Iphone lasts a day and a half, if I don't use it at all....

Soo without going back to a 3310 is there any phones out there with good features and a good battery life on top of that?!

(yn)

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

3. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

i gave up on smartphones long ago im just too clumsy! im on my 4th samsung E1080 in the last 6months! no help at all i know.......

4. GeeLeb

GeeLeb Member

Samsung Galaxy S 2 - I got one about a month ago. Best phone I have ever owned, amazing screen for videos and movies and its so quick. HD recording, brilliant sound quality. It is about the same on battery life though if you are using apps.

5. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

Fuck anything by samsung, they go mental after a while. Turn on and off when they please, send random texts and shit. Mines not far from getting a kicking.

6. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

replace 3gs battery, switch to simplicity or payg tariff. savings right there

7. jr_

jr_ y?

HTC Sensation XE. Dual core processor 8Mg camera.. sick phone, topped off by free beats by dre headphones

8. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

depending on price

HTC Sensation > HTC Desire S > HTC Wildfire S

HTC :slayer:

9. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

10. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

was doing my research on this a bit yesterday too as im due an upgrade.

Samsung Galaxy 2
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Nokia Lumia
    HTC Sensation XL
    HTC Titan

I personally want the Nokia, got the new Windows operating system on it and has some real good reviews, and I was super skeptical about Nokia aswell so fully looked into it. These are all fairly pricey though

11. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Go for a Nokia 5110. I heard the battery lasts weeks and all the cool people have one

12. Fire starter

Fire starter Active Member

Get a nokia 1661-2 . The battery life is higher than your life expectancy. The downfall is the lack of features.
    I think they retail from tesco for about 8 quid .

13. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Only good thing about Windows Phone 7 is the xbox connectivity, apart from that if youre used to the freedom of Android you will be disappointed. Got fuck all apps.

14. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

it is true unless u get an ancient phone battery is gnna be poor, its about time batteries came up to speed with the phones...
    heard good things about HTC.... had a samsung before, not keen to go back with them.

15. jr_

jr_ y?

This. The Windows OS on any phone is pretty poor at the moment. Would advise to keep clear

16. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

I bought an unofficial car phone charger for my HTC Desire which usually lasts about 8-10 hours, ever since the first time I used that charger my phone can last up to 24 hours... unplugged it friday morning, went to work, went out for the night, stayed at a mates, came home saturday morning and it was still on! Puts iphone 4gs' to shame.

17. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

18. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

I turn the 3g off on my Sony Xperia when im not using it, saves a ridiculous amount of battery, can get a good 2 days or so out of it aslong as your not battering apps and games all day everyday!

And on the whole windows 7 not having many apps thing, im not really too fussed tbh. I dont find myself using loads at the moment (especially games), just the standard facebook/twitter/maps/tapatalk etc which im sure it has. And I heard its soon to kick off as it really is a solid OS (from many reviews ive read) and I saw that HTC are going to be releasing a fair few phones with it, which means huge backing from the app developers i'd imagine. Been on android for a few years now, quite fancy a change for a bit!

19. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

fair enough, Iv customized the fuck out of my phone now, done everything possible without rooting it. LauncherPro is boss. And I couldnt go without Gameboid...

20. dnbsoldier87

dnbsoldier87 Member

got a better ghz processer/ram than my pc ffs... I think i need a pc upgrade over a phone