What other genres besides jungle/dnb do you mix?

What genres?

• House

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Techno

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trance

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Hip hop

• Dubstep

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Garage

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Grime

• Breaks

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

DankerThanDanson

Retired pitcher
VIP Junglist
What kind of music do you have here?

Oh, we've got both kinds, house and techno.

I've made some house mixes on a controller. As well as mixed dubstep/trap/rap for the kiddies at house parties.

I've got a small house and techno collection on vinyl. Maybe 30 releases. I've mixed it a few times but, I'm not as good at it. I mixed it pretty much the same as I mix dnb. Mix on the downbeat, count phrases, EQ in and out gradually. Just haven't quite got used to the 120 bpm stuff.

Do you notice any differences between genres? It's my understanding that old school jungle on vinyl is the most difficult genre to mix proper. Agree/disagree?

I mix audio books fam. one minute harold potter is playing some broom football, next he's smoking heron with dr watson.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

I mix hip hop/ grime/ garage/ bass music as well as dnb, hardest by far is hip and and grime because of the vocals, everything else is very similar to mixing dnb

I mix hip hop/ grime/ garage/ bass music as well as dnb, hardest by far is hip and and grime because of the vocals, everything else is very similar to mixing dnb

Do you mix hip hop on vinyl? I think the beat matching could be quite challenging. It seems like hip hop songs can be pretty far apart.

garage is awesome but can be a bitch to mix some of the tunes.
teddys top tip... make sure you count the bars. not like normal maths tho.
for example,
2 multiplied by 10 plus 1 = romeo done.

garage is awesome but can be a bitch to mix some of the tunes.
teddys top tip... make sure you count the bars. not like normal maths tho.
for example,
2 multiplied by 10 plus 1 = romeo done.

It's good to learn with though as you can't just double everything like dnb an makes you get a bit more creative

WHO MIXES DUBSTEP !
:lol:

I learnt with Garage so I find it so easy also house(deep) easy but grime is so difficult even when I beatmatch on serato

This thread's abit sexist tho where's the hardcore lol

Oh ,other, I see

WHO MIXES DUBSTEP !
:lol:

I learnt with Garage so I find it so easy also house(deep) easy but grime is so difficult even when I beatmatch on serato

This thread's abit sexist tho where's the hardcore lol

Oh ,other, I see

Me. Shut up dagz you listen to fucking jump up.

Back
Top Bottom