What or Who Got You Guys/Gals Into D&B??

Packman

I'm just curious, that's all. A friend of mine got me into drum n' bass back in the summer of '93. He was playing some hardcore and then played Jonny L. Hurt You So and I was hooked.

Packman

Mekar MC

London - Worldwide
Laying on a floor in a squat party aged 13 buzzin' on mad mad shit i wont mention ( k mushrooms & weed) and hearing 'The Nine' Bad Company track rip through the dark grimey squatted out venue, making the whole building shake.

never did I look back. . . :)

CheesyPOOF5

VIP Junglist
I liked the Prodigy for a while, but I had no idea what type of music it was or that there was anything else like it.

I happened to stumble upon the pendulum remix of voodoo people, which I really liked. I didn't realize Pendulum was an artist name though, I thought it was a remix by Prodigy themselves.

In some obscure video somewhere I heard blood sugar, actually had to google the words said in that cheesy intro! Eventually found out the name of the genre, and I've been hooked ever since.

groelle

VIP Junglist
some frieds of mine listened to it since grade 7 - i didnt liked it till i was 18 or so, they got me hooked then tho. knew lots of songs before that i never liked (mo' fire for instance) and now im more into it than them :D

DJ Wizz

Bless, Union, Force FM
VIP Junglist
i liked the prodigy, esppecially the pendulum remix of voodoo people. then slam became big on the scene but i didnt no wot dnb was.

i was 16 and my bro comes back from a rave going on about this music that his friend dj benji k showed him and its amazing. he says its dnb and tht he loves airplane by sub focus and dj fresh escape from planet monday album. i googled dnb and the artists he mentioned and the rest is history. never before had i heard music so inspiring and original, (well to me anyway)

first tracks i was big on and drew me in were:
marky - LK
sub focus airplane
high contrast - brief encounter
omni trio - renegade snares (hc remix)

DeeGun

Notable Member
VIP Junglist
What are we talking about here?
When did DnB appear?
Is Jungle, Jungle or DnB?
Do I have the Long Don Ron if I say I got into DnB throughout Joey Beltrams Mentazm?:)

gcurt1s

Buried Audio
VIP Junglist
i really started to get into dnb when i started mixing. before that it was going to a lot of raves but not really knowing what got dropped so it wasnt as exciting. a mate had some pioneers so i went over to his and had a go, seemed very addictive so i got some technics and started doing it myself

free parties! although it was mostly Hard trance and Hard tek, whenever a rig played DNB i was there right at the front of it. A party in Royston in the Midlands really set the dnb love off for me, think it was Ez Rollers - Ready For Love (Clipz mix) that hit home first. and then, as everyone else says, the rest is history!

oh and gotta mention Pendulum even though there b-rass now. big up masochist.

JamesZero

aka Zero Beats
VIP Junglist
Years ago I was a big garage head and thought it was the be all and end all...
But I had a few mates who were into jungle / dnb and it was just through listening to stuff they were playing I got into it and it slowly took over.

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
Laying on a floor in a squat party aged 13 buzzin' on mad mad shit i wont mention ( k mushrooms & weed) and hearing 'The Nine' Bad Company track rip through the dark grimey squatted out venue, making the whole building shake.

never did I look back. . . :)
ditto mate... except i was completely wasted on pills and K.... twitchin out in some dirty warehouse in Hackney.... GREAT TIMES!! hahah...