What now...

D-Jhepz

◕‿◕
VIP Junglist
Hi Guys :zest:

Back from what i can safely say was hell itself, but in the process I've whacked out like 8 (IMO) quality tunes... What now?

Safe

SubMix

Mastering Engineer
I always thought hitting up labels was a long winded and pointless effort, to be met with no reply and a deflated feeling... But after years of not bothering, me a partner in a new project sent off our stuff to 8 labels, ended up with 2 decent offers, and just signed a deal! It happens. If the music is good (which it seems it is), then have confidence in it, write a very short intro, and send them your links. DO IT!

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
I always thought hitting up labels was a long winded and pointless effort, to be met with no reply and a deflated feeling... But after years of not bothering, me a partner in a new project sent off our stuff to 8 labels, ended up with 2 decent offers, and just signed a deal! It happens. If the music is good (which it seems it is), then have confidence in it, write a very short intro, and send them your links. DO IT!
Exactly this, if your tunes are right then you get a response!

D-Jhepz

◕‿◕
VIP Junglist
safe - i was thinking of trying to get it out on promo lists and sending out dubs what not so I'm heard more than seen.. any experience advice?

Know One

Living A Lie
Having know producers & DJ's playing your dubs out helps a lot too... They'll be connected to labels themselves. If they like the tune enough to play out, and others are asking about it when they play it out; you'll have labels hitting you up for sure.

Plus when you send the tune out to labels, you can add it's "getting DJ support from________ artist".

Get those badboys to some Dj's.