what music do u listen to other than dnb?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by True Colours, Mar 9, 2004.

1. True Colours

True Colours New Member

i just wanted to know what else you guys listen to. personally i have quite a bit of house and breaks in my collection.

and at the moment i've been listening to a lot of broken beat stuff like the reel people album 'second guess' and pretty much anything by seiji.

so does anyone have any recommendations?

:mr_cool:

2. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

DRUM AND BASS BROTHER DEFO NOT HOUSE ... :nono:

3. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

hip hop is the perfect accompanyment to dnb...
    dizee rascal, task force, rodney p, skitz, etc etc... bad!

also any bassy music like dread zone, leftfield, chemical bros etc etc also any breabeat like superchardged, fuse, botchit, etc etc i also really like the streets , audio bullys and some other shit... all based round beats, also orbital, andthe orb anything with heavy beats and bass. :cool:

also i love DJ shadow!!1

i fukin hate boom boom boom hard house crap! and i have never really felt techno to be honest...specially not gabba! very dreaery and has no energy or personality just shit really! (n)

4. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Always love to listen to hip hop to change my musical modd. Artists like Outkast, Pharcyde, Xzibit, Dizzie Rascal, Twista, Roots Manuva, Mos Def & Talib Kweli always help me relax. But I have to say I love a lot of rock music at the mo. Alkaline Trio, Incubus, Hundred Reasons, & System of a Down :devilslay

5. redeye corporat

redeye corporat Member

I love my raggar, hip hop (british) heads like harry love, Mr Thing, shorty, dizzy,
    and some us hip hop but most of the heads i liked from them side are dead up blood, most of the new shit is fucking cheese bro al they do is talk about money and how many bitches they can get.
    it's not all about that it's about talking about real life, how mans got out of the shit and stood his ground to make something of him self, but time's are changing

but I love my ragger man like monster shock, bounty killer, beenie, tony, top cat, and there are many other heads you mans them might of not heard of

but my main love is JUNGLE, DRUM AND BASS

NO house, techno for me :piss:

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

6. Cube

Cube www.exegene.com

prefuse73, dj shadow, rjd2, blockhead, coldcut, kid koala, amalgamation of soundz, etc..and proper hip-hop.. (none of this 50 cent bullshit)

7. zeeky deek

zeeky deek Moaning all the time.

totally agree wit redeye, us hiphop has gone to shit in recent years (jus look at the once talented will.i.am now?) but the british scene has seen its strongest era of late, jehst, phi-life, roots, terrafirma, lewis parker, taskforce etc are really doin the bidniz atm

other music loves are koop, vikter duplaix, matt herbert, kyoto jazz massive and loads more.

MAN, its varied!

8. nasher

nasher Gangsta Status

i actually go out to a load of hardcore raves

stomp stomp stomp

9. Re-Form

Re-Form Re-Form

UK hip hop. Skitz, rodney p, black twang all bad as fook along side the DnB. Going to a night on thursday thats got Phil lide cypher (UK Hip Hop) and Hype in the same room .... should be interesting to see the reaction. Love all old skool us hip hop though like J5 style

10. Ab0|2Ti0N

Ab0|2Ti0N WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???

Portishead
    Massive Attack
    DJ Krush
    DJ Shadow
    DJ Q*Bert (the old Invisibl Skratch Piklz albums)
    Cut Chemist
    Mumbles
    Bugz
    Coldcut
    -check out the older Ubiquity Records compilations "Audio Alchemy 1 & 2"
    Octavius
    Sigur Ros
    Joe Beats
    Sage Francis
    Dilated Peoples
    Visionaries
    Styles of Beyond
    Hieroglyphics
    Deltron (Del the Funky Homosapien)
    Souls of Mischief
    Mos Def
    Chilled Euphoria
    Sasha
    John Digweed
    Tiesto's Magik Series

:boom: :zest:

11. evol4276

evol4276 DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!

more or less triphop.. some trance, hiphop, turntablism, such like that. Other than DnB, I'm highly into Dj Shadow, Mr. Scruff, Fingathing, Dizzee Rascal, Mr. Dibbs, Wagonchrist.. etc

12. mesh

mesh Active Member

Roots Manuva
    Dizzee Rascal
    Downsyde
    Studio One compilations
    rough garage type
    BugzintheAttic recently
    Primus occasionally still
    Matthew Herbert
    Luke Slater's techno stuff
    any good proper techno
    some deep house :drums: :tehpepsi: :hulk:

13. PR00F

PR00F New Member

rap,hip hop,breaks and hardhouse.

14. GreenBoy

GreenBoy Active Member

any kind of electronic music (except for any form of trance or hardcore) and besides that jazz and classical things sometimes :D

15. daky

daky Member

Atm im feelin uk hip hop artist like def tex and Fith element, but in the day time when all i do is blaze i do like kickin it to some jungle ragga such as Bounty hunter bennie man Sizzla and others.
    I used to rate some garage cuts but them days are over. :ban: 4 shizz WU-TANG and cats like DRE still runnin' when it comes to hip hop in the us...

16. missrepresent

missrepresent Member

I like hip hop, krafty kutts,

I love royksopp and other chill stuff. been banging a few house Cd's recently aswell, suprising when you listen to other types of music how much its all got in common, samples being taken off tunes and onto others etc

Love dancehall, so listen to a bit of that. Been dissappointed with garage releases recently, they seem to be rubbish. Hip hop though and dancehalls been good.

All getting ready for the summer !! party on

17. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

hav 2 say i like slayer raining blood its a fuckin heavy tune!

18. igethigh

igethigh Member

trip-hop
    acid jazz
    old skool rap

19. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Hip hop - as Photek said, dnb is for white people who like hip hop and raving. Golden age hiphop - ain't nothing better except for exceptional dnb. Listen a lot to it.

Dancehall - if you don't think that dnb started with techstep, then you've got to be down the Jamaica vibe. Listen a lot to it.

Breaks - music that is scared to be dnb and lands in between it and house. Some exceptional producers and I'd rather play Stanton Warriors to a random crowd than Dillinja. Great party vibes. Don't listen enough to it.

House - hmm... piano house is great but modern house, well, I'd rather listen to James Blunt. Almost. Don't listen to it at all, because it makes me want to be either 10 years younger or kill somebody.

Garage - its dnb's kid who got tried to outstage his dad, but got nicked for crack dealing and is going to rot into obscurity. Good vibes but lacking a little something. Don't listen to it because its sad what happend to it.

Dubstep/grime - garage's kid with dnb's daughter, must avoid his dad's fate without being in his granddad's shadow too much. Personally I think dnb and dubstep will merge somewhere down the line, say in two years time. Hopefully dnb will not suffocate this musical movement. Dubstep/grime is the dnb of today, urban, made by crap (in technical terms) producers with plenty of musical imagination on cheapo equipment, who have no idea that what they are doing is wrong. And they don't have to deal with idiots shouting clownstep. Don't listen enough to it.

Oh yeah - I cannot imagine a junglist listening to Tiesto without more mdma in his system than a truckload of Germans in Space, Ibiza.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  20. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

there's not a thing i won't listen to once, as for what i get off on, i couldn't really describe, i truly love music as a whole and take influence from every and any form...and whatever touches my soul is my true love.
    sorry to be vague, but thats the reality people, my love of music is too vast to segregate to smaller difined sections.
    :gpeace: