what mp3 rates do you use for djing?

DJ Summit

hi together

i was wondering what mp3 rates you´re using for djing.
doesn´t matter if you´re a cd or a timecode dj.

i don´t play out very much, because it´s more a hobby for me, but do you think that 256 kb/s mp3 from itunes are good enough for a club pa or should i just get the more expensive 320 kb/s mp3s from beatport etc.?

when i´m mixing i can´t hear a difference between 256 and 320 but between 320 and 192 so i don´t buy those anymore.

and yes i know, uncompressed wav and vinyl is much better ;)

Beatport is the fucking DON!

Breakbeat.co.uk is good but their site is fucking tempremental (the player always goes weird and craps out) and the account download list is fucked (re-orders everything randomly).

I'm now fully on Beatport due to the fact the site is amazingly simple and nicely laid out. Plus it has every dance music genre! Get on there, you won't regret it.

In practice it depnds on what has sampled the file and how its been done...you can get ok sounding lower bit rates...

HOWEVER

In theory and in safer practice use nothing but bought 320s...they have been downed from the format of the producer by themselves or the record label meaning a decent conversion. WAV isnt easy to store and requires hard drives when your playing out so 320 is the next best thing.

In practice it depnds on what has sampled the file and how its been done...you can get ok sounding lower bit rates...

HOWEVER

In theory and in safer practice use nothing but bought 320s...they have been downed from the format of the producer by themselves or the record label meaning a decent conversion. WAV isnt easy to store and requires hard drives when your playing out so 320 is the next best thing.

wat

its gotta be 320! used to get 192s.. and some are of really high quality that you wouldnt tell the difference.. but stick to 320's.. i get mine from junodiownload.co.uk its cheaper than beatport and breakbeat! although sometimes them to sites have their own exclusives that juno dont stock =)

the diference betwen 256 and 320 you will probably dont hear it but theres lots of frecuency and harmonics that WILL make the diference in a good sound system. I agree as a rule to ty to use only 320, wav is waaaay to big.

hope this helps

cheers

has to be 320's, your buy 192's and then later on in your dj life when your playing out on big sound systems, your think why the fuck did i buy 192's. there a waste of money buy 320's or wav's if you've got the dollar

peace!

Back
Top Bottom