What model of SUBWOOFER do you have in your ROOM?

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
I'm curious, what sort of subwoofer everyone here uses in their room.

I have a JBL PB-12 which has a 12" driver, built in amp w/ 250w RMS, and 500w peak. Its been discontinued and replaced with a newer model because JBL lost the contract for MFGing an important part on the PCB.

This speaker's amp PCB is constantly breaking on me. Its been serviced twice and frankly I'm getting sick and tired of it. So far, there doesn't seem to be much out there in the home theater market which is really built for listening to dance music in the home. These audiophile subwoofers all have 10" drivers which is worse off then what I already have.

Perhaps I should just save up for a nightclub grade subwoofer and a seperate crown amp to run it? Or is there a good home theater integrated amp/sub out there still?

Well what have you guys got? I'm sure I'm not the only one with a sub. DnB and techno just doesn't sound very good on book shelf speakers alone.

I don't have one.

I have a Sony hi-fi and some Alesis monitor speakers for making teh music.

I have two nightclub subs, 15 inch. dunno what make they are but they say 'precision power audio' on each of the subs.

£60 5.1 kit :teeth: does the job nicely for my tiny room. I figure if music I produce on those relatively average speakers sounds good, it's gonna sound great on HUUUUUUUUUGE speakers.

Back
Top Bottom