What mixer?

SLow

Quadrospazzed life-glug
VIP Junglist
I know this questions been asked bare times but the search function still didnt return much relevant stuff.

My PCV 275 has finally reached the end of its life, Im looking for a replacement with a few more features. These are what Ive been looking at:

Pioneer DJM 500 2nd hand - £350
Pioneer DJM 800 2nd hand - £700
Xone 42 - £500
Denon DNX1600 - £1000

Any thoughts? Are the 12 effects and extra midi integration on the Denon worth the extra wonga?

Denon mixers are lovely! also consider an Ecler one, sound quality on those is amazing.

I have a 1500S... it's sick. That is all.

Very similar to a Pioneer DJM800, but for less £s.

http://soundcloud.com/mmxbreaks will give you an idea of the high and low pass filters. I barely use bass EQs at all any more, don't need to. Get crisp results. Slightly too resonant, but otherwise very good stuff.

That 1500S looks cracking, I cant figure out how the 1600 is twice the price and yet has only slightly more features? Is the 1500S an older model? I used the 1600 yesterday and it was lush.

I'm going to go and have a play around with the £350 DJM 500 at a mates today so will see how I get on with that.

My PCV 275....1 channel has died totally, another is on the way out. Im not complaining at all, Ive bought it 2nd hand about 5 years ago and its seen me alright. Fancy yourself an electronics project? :teeth:

I want something with at least 3 channels and some good EQ/filter/effects.

Absolute top budget is £1000 for something like the Denon DNX1600. Would prefer to spend around £500 though.

I want something with at least 3 channels and some good EQ/filter/effects.

Absolute top budget is £1000 for something like the Denon DNX1600. Would prefer to spend around £500 though.

You could try and look at a second hand 62 (filter only) at that price...that would be the best you could do...

Alternatively DJM600 Pioneer (many effects) or xone42 (filter only) if your looking brand new...

Just remember the only effect worth having is a filter.

You could try and look at a second hand 62 (filter only) at that price...that would be the best you could do...

Alternatively DJM600 Pioneer (many effects) or xone42 (filter only) if your looking brand new...

Just remember the only effect worth having is a filter.

This. Got rid of my kaoss pad for the exact reason.

Would go Allen & Heath personally, but Pioneer Vs A&H is one of those classic opinionated arguments i find. I would say bag an A&H where you can put a different filter on the different channel, i think only the 62 does this? Not too sure though.

This. Got rid of my kaoss pad for the exact reason.

Would go Allen & Heath personally, but Pioneer Vs A&H is one of those classic opinionated arguments i find. I would say bag an A&H where you can put a different filter on the different channel, i think only the 62 does this? Not too sure though.

The 62 only has one VCF assignable over all the channels

The 92 has 2 individual VCFs (with all passes) assignable to all channels on their own

Last edited:
^^ 92 is a bit overkill for home mixing imo, 62 will suffice. I only use the HP and BP together when ever I use a 92 anyways so the 62 is fine only having one imo.

Back
Top Bottom