What Mixer????

simon_schoon

Looking to spend between about 250-400 pounds for a new or second hand mixer. I reckon its all about 2nd hand though, more for you money. I would love an Xone 42 but cant find a second hand one for a decent price (any1 know some where decent to look?). Not to sure about an xone 32, dont really like the looks, has any1 used 1, is it good? The main thing it has to have is three channels and a decent filter on it.

Any recommendations? Perhaps something other than allen and heath, or is that the way to go??

Cheers, Si

Never assume you will always only use 3 channels, I know loads of people that have made that mistake! I'm selling a mint Xone 62 for £450 but seems there maybe better deals on ebay.. But then again for £280 that Xone must be well fucking old or the seller just wanted rid.

Cheers for the comment, I defo want one with decent filters.

I just noticed the xone 42 only has two phone inputs and four line. On my current set up I use phone because line sounds incredibly poor to just a basic amp. I have no clue as to why this is. If i got a 42 and had to use line would it sound the same? Why is that cheers

little bit confused on your reply there mate, do you use vinyl or cd decks mate?

Phono is for vinyl and line is for Cd's, Laptops etc.

Hope that helps.

If line sounds poor its because vinyl needs to be amplified which is what the phono does, the signal is weaker. If you plugged a CDJ into phono it would distort to fuck. just so you know..

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

Oh and the chances of finding a Xone 62 for £280 is next to impossible ;)

i'd recommend the djm400, don't know how much they are on their own second hand...
but it depends if you prefer a more spread out mixer like a scratch mixer. in that case you might want to check out Rane mixers or similar

Back
Top Bottom