What mixer to get?

alicen111

Right, I currently run a soundsystem and wanted to try my hand at mixxing. Ive got a pair of citronic mpcd-s6 basicly brand new for £250 (hope i wasnt mugged off ) And I have a really shitty bugdet mixer laying about, think i paid £40 for it new so its pretty wank.

I was thinking of folking out on a new mixer, budget can be up to £150 at a push. So has anyone got any suggestions of what i should get and for what price?

Please note this will only be used for bedroom djing, im not going to use it on my system. Only i will be mixxing with it, therefore it doesnt need to be an "industry standard" mixer! I just want something fairly nice and not too hard to use.

I have a Xone 22 and hate it. The crossfader is shite, there is no power button, the filter has a nasty click when you turn it on and off and the fader knobs come off easily. I used to defend it as a mixer but there is too much wrong with it. Allen and Heath should never have put their name to such a shoddy product.

Tbh for the money get an Ecler NUO 2.0; the build quality is excellent the faders a smooth and feell like they have some weight behind them. Also the EQs are so soft with larger dials. But as with most things it's down to personal preferance ...

I have a Xone 22 and hate it. The crossfader is shite, there is no power button, the filter has a nasty click when you turn it on and off and the fader knobs come off easily. I used to defend it as a mixer but there is too much wrong with it. Allen and Heath should never have put their name to such a shoddy product.

Tbh for the money get an Ecler NUO 2.0; the build quality is excellent the faders a smooth and feell like they have some weight behind them. Also the EQs are so soft with larger dials. But as with most things it's down to personal preferance ...
mine is fine, maybe your mistreating it :)

allen and heath xone series r sick

ive just got a xone 32 bought it brand new for 350 with a years warranty.. lucky huh! ;)

if you cant afford that get a 22 tho they are also pretty good!

I have an 11 years old numark mixer.. i love it to pieces and know it inside out. i liked it originally cause it has kill switches for the high, mid and low.. do they still make mixers with kill switches?

I have an 11 years old numark mixer.. i love it to pieces and know it inside out. i liked it originally cause it has kill switches for the high, mid and low.. do they still make mixers with kill switches?

yeah mate! i had a nurmark dxm09 i think it was.... that had kill switches but you can only use them if have assigned the channels to the cross fader...

and seeing as im a volume fader boy i never got to use them!!

shame really cos they are pretty handy!!

if you have got £150 to spend, get a Behringer DJX 750

perfect for mixing in the yard

This, used to own one myself and it was ideal for the bedroom. Although i have upgraded since because of shoddy build quality and something on a behringer product is bound to go wrong soon enough if your using it for hours each day, but if its literally for light use its a gooden

yeah mate! i had a nurmark dxm09 i think it was.... that had kill switches but you can only use them if have assigned the channels to the cross fader...

and seeing as im a volume fader boy i never got to use them!!

shame really cos they are pretty handy!!

You can still assign channels to the crossfader and use the volume faders and the kills. I've got a Numark Matrix 3 and have my 1210's on 1 & 2 and my laptop on 3, 1 & 2 are assigned to right and left of the crossfader so I can use the kills. I rarely use the crossfader (unless scratching) but the kills still work. DXM09 works the same way.

Back
Top Bottom