what makes you think your a "junglist" .....

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BeyondTherapy, Jun 14, 2008.

1. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

what makes you think your a "junglist" .....

:slick:

I dont believe i am a junglist because i seriously dont understand the wording ... wow i may of listened to electronic music back from 1982 when i discovered early electro and over the yrs listen to different sound paths of electronic music but just because i listen to jungle / drum and bass ,and go out once in a while doesnt mean in my eyes i have the right to call myself a junglist . :mrpanic: .

everyone in the scene be it biznes or pleasure why adapts the term junglist to suit there needs ... how can someone who just listens to dnb for 1 hr aday who never brought a single , an lp etc compare themselves to a producer who been there from the beginning and still call them themselves a junglist ,.. to me doesnt make sence ..

has it become just a word that anyone can "claim to be" when seriously there not , are they using the name "im a junglist" in vain to look cool be cool .... i dont know ,...

i dont claim to be , .... but thats me ,... my way of thinking on the situation etc , totally different to how alot of you will see it ,.. o well ....

be nice to know what makes you think your a junglist though ,.!

:slick:

2. alz

alz compress to impress

Personally I only think u can refer to yourself as a junglist if u went to the old school raves 'back in the day' which i never went to, so i would never refer to myself as one, I do occasionally refer to myself as a raver, since i been goin to illegal raves since i was young, but then again, the cynics just like to tear in to you. Best thing is just not to label yourself as anything.
    :beers:

3. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

it's just another label at the end of the day. maybe for people trying to justify their status within a scene, or maybe some people feel they truely understand what being a junglist is all about.... maybe they just want to feel as if they fit in.

who knows really.

i may claim to be a junglist, in jest. but there's no seriousness behind it really.

whereas i am a total badman, and i mean that whole heartedly.

4. BeyondTherapy

:lol:

idont get this whole RUDE / BADMAN thing ... again the words mean different things to different people

if some says yeah he/shes RUDE - means shes dont keep her knickers on very long or shes an arrogent bitch so far up her own ass she can see her own broken heart !

same again in the term BADMAN - gives me visions of someone that negative ,... :mrpanic:and i know your not ... :lol:

o well , getting to old for all this i spose ...

5. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

always happened, always will

teddy boys, greasers, mods, rockers, hippies, skinheads, eighties guy...

imo theres always a core and theres always the followers,it doesnt matter where u fall in the spectrum once it starts to consume ur life, and i mean completely take over in this case thats mixing, producing, listening and promoting the music 24/7, time & money, is when u'd be a 'junglist'

the mods on here are perfect examples of what i'd call a true junglist, especially jay walker if what i've heard about the podcast is true

big ups

6. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

i suppose alot of it is in tone of voice, for example a baaaadman is a ruuude but a bad man is just rude
    hard to explain in text but hopefully "yagetsmeh" :mrpanic:

head over to http://www.urbandictionary.com/ if ur still gettin stumped;)

7. BeyondTherapy

so anything before hand is faking the funk as we say ... cool ,..

again i could be wrong , im just a downloader of dnb/jungle sets and go out alittle ,.. i own decks but dont call myself a dj as i dont play out ,..

thanks for your positive responce guys ,... sheding more light on to the subject :beers: i know little on ... :mrpanic::lol:;)

8. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

A Junglist is someone who eats, sleep and breaths Drum'n'Baas/Jungle..... FULL STOP.....

If dnb is one of the firsts thing you think about when you woke up then consider yourself a Junglist!!

9. sammys

sammys Shelter Birmingham

tbh i do think the term junglist belongs to the people who were there from day 1 of the jungle scene but these days its adapted to the younger generation
    like i havnt been there since day 1 but i'll happily refer to myself as a junglist as dnb is an evolved form of jungle and its the only form of music ive been able to properly enjoy over the last few years hence i refer to myself as a junglist

10. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

You have to have the junglist movement tshirt, then you're a junglist.

11. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Itz ma baggy camo pants, AWOL bomber jacket, hoodie, screwface and bad attitude.

oh, and tape packs in oversized boxes from 94 onwards.

:lol:

12. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

but you know what i mean though, you give it;

yeah man, he rinses out behind the deck, yeah, the geezers a badman - he's dangerous!

total badman. standard.

13. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

im a 'musiclist' i eat, drink and sleep music!! and i inject dnb!! into my eye!! ahhh lol

14. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yeh ive tried that.... that hurts! hahaha... try the spine next time.... straight to the nerves!! LOVELY!! :lol:

15. Catsel

back in the olden' days, prirates used to use a 8" needle to inject dnb up there japseye lol NUTTERS! haha

(i don't know what im on this morning, listenin to spor - clarets march)

16. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

check this trak
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwmnQ6Ho7Yo

F-F-F-F-FAT!!!

17. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

I love DNB but I wouldnt call myself a junglist, coz I dont wear camo puffa jackets and sunglasses at night - in my head 'junglist' is just a way of dressing really

18. Catsel

my eyes are watering its soooo heavyyy!!!!

19. BeyondTherapy

jungle hasnt a uniform (except that tshirt lol) ,... its not like hip hop where it is fashion ,...

20. souljah

souljah liquid lover...

i use the term junglist quite liberally. i recon its someone tho enjoys drum and bass...and contributes to the scene, weather it be bying records, making music or going to raves.