What makes a junglist??

i bet theres a Chinese dude out there some where called Jung List and hes confused

12.56.07 AM, 2nd April 94 mate....if your after that....jog on and join the DnB headz :)

I feel a war of words coming on lol.....like the infamous Liquid v Jump-up threads

yes mate its a state of mind...and to find an 18 year old in this day and age who loves and respects his old skool Jungle and actually has listened to it for a time and doesnt class oldskool as 'The Nine' by Bad Company is a rare breed indeed in the age of clownstepping mate :D

Peace....last time ill write in this thread me thinks.....as Conrad would say "Its all a matter of opinon"

Younguns who are genuinely into real jungle are a rarity but they are out there. Haven't you noticed an uprising in old events such as Jungle Splash and AWOL?

I think a key feature to being a junglist is having an open mind. If this is essential to being a junglist then judging by your posts, you have failed. Having said that nothing can really be judged by posts so dont take it too personally.

i like to be seen as a junglist cos i vibe the whole movement but because i rep the jumpup sound narrowminded idiots cuss me down and say i'm not jungle..i've just moved along with the times thats all

Yes i would consider myself a junglist.

All the junglists i know like to smoke the chronic.

I would have to say junglists often think they are better than the house heads. Junglists tend to be elitists to a certain degree.

This is what i know for sure...

Junglist is: Going raving when theres like a foot of snow outside and no buses n shit running

Yup...thats what im doing tonight, Commix & Marcus Intalex as well...some cold white shit aint gunner scare me

Wish me luck

1.You gotta use lianas for public transport.

2.You gotta own at least one treehouse.

3.You gotta wear shorts made of leopard fur.

4.And you gotta have a monkey friend.

A junglist is someone who enjoys jungle music.

The whole ethos of the rave scene was that it didn't matter who you were, or what you wore, or what you looked like. As long as you come to enjoy the music and party with a smile on your face everyones welcome!

I get a bit annoyed when I see a link between jungle/d&b and a kind of gangsta/wanksta hard-man image. Not what it's about at all - we're better than that.

Well said man,to many people make that link!
"When it comes to the rave it dont matter about class,creed or colour,we unite as one,the drum and bass jungle" - Eksman
That statement for me sums up what it is to be a junglist,in the rave,goodies in one hand,bottle of water in the other,your whistle around your kneck and your mates around you...done!

Well said man,to many people make that link!
"When it comes to the rave it dont matter about class,creed or colour,we unite as one,the drum and bass jungle" - Eksman
That statement for me sums up what it is to be a junglist,in the rave,goodies in one hand,bottle of water in the other,your whistle around your kneck and your mates around you...done!

i agree except about the whistle thing. i really dislike the whistle guy at raves.

Junglist is: Going raving when theres like a foot of snow outside and no buses n shit running

Yup...thats what im doing tonight, Commix & Marcus Intalex as well...some cold white shit aint gunner scare me

Wish me luck

Haha i did Roni Size last night, fcuking drive back was a nightmare!!

does someone who is a junglist think they are?
or is it that they are a junglist because someone else thinks they are a junglist?
no one has ever told me im a junglist
ive never told someone i am and yet.....
maybe i am

i listen to loads of other music and yet i always revert back to jungle - for 15 years this has happened

Back
Top Bottom