what makes a good set

dj eeze

a good set to me is a long intro followed by some unheard of tunes a classic here and there half way thru when the crowds warmed up drop some jump up tunes in. then finish with some tunes with vocal content.
keeping constant energy and anticipation lil teasers like drop in the sick part of the nine a couple of times then mix off with something else.

thats how i do it can other ppl say how they structure there set/s

ty............peace

I'd also personlly say some diversity, in pace and styles...

Reflect what u like, don't try and do the best ever latest DNB dubs or DNB classics set, cos someone's already done it, and probably done it better...

Most Djs can mix 2 DNB trax, so u need to spice things up a bit.

i.e. the odd snatch of hiphop, dancehall or jungle goes down a treat, and sets up for your next big mix. (edit: or JumpUp)

I also think in a club setting, u cannot underestimate experience...

:2thumbs:

edit: I'd also say...Don't get hung up on the perfect 1hr set format...What if you were asked to play longer or the next DJ doesn't turn up...U have to keep it interesting, whether 15 mins or 2 hrs...

As I always say...I'm not a DJ but I can play a good house party set!

Last edited:
READ the CROWD!
Look for the guys/girls on the dance floor that are digging the tunes, target those guys. If the last tune you placed smashed it follow on with a similar but more energetic one or something abit faster or more evil...but If people aren't dancing start slowly (slow, steady tunes) get them to dance, build up the speed/energy/vibe think like a speedo(???)
I agree with other posts, don't double drop the life out the set. Double drop at the right moments when people are dancing their arses off, when people need that little bit extra to send them on their way.:miss_rep:

Oh and a little planning......select a handful of filler plus some killer then just wing it. If you know a certain song is gonna hurt it, plan your next couple of mixes to get that song in.

Back
Top Bottom