What kinda music do you guys listen to?

elmaruk

slannndaaaaaaar
VIP Junglist
Just wondering really. And looking for new music. I've just noticed how little I listen to drum and bass recently even though i still loooove making it! I think its a good thing tho.

hip hop
breaks
house
electro
other random electronic music
some dubstep alot of it pisses me off after a while
and still listen to dnb all the time nice to have a break every now an then tho

listening to genres different to what your producing is always a good idea, it stops you taking influences from inside the genre itself (not that thats necessarly a bad thing but it stops things becoming stale) especially with something like drum & bass and dubstep, the thing I have always loved about these genres is that tracks are so varied due to people taking a lot influences from other genres.

My daughter's 5 so it's all Lady Gaga and J-Lo at mine :)

I listen to anything these days, just enjoy good song-writing I guess. Doesn't matter the genre.

also a bit of metal wen i want to remember the old days!lol
oh an sometimes a bit of happy hardcore cos im fuckin sad

also a bit of metal wen i want to remember the old days!lol
oh an sometimes a bit of happy hardcore cos im fuckin sad

Man dont knock the happy harcore! I was bang into that when I was a nipper! Pretty green eyes, heart of gold, 3am.....oh man......nostalga!

But the two albums I'm listening to ALOT lately are Noisia - Split the Atom, and Amon Tobin - ISAM

I listen to a lot of the deeper stuff from Dubstep, Future Garage, DnB, Autonomic (not the same as dnb?), Ambient, Dub Techno

I also like some electro house, and progressive house

My Achilles Heel though is Trance, I'm a sucker for supersaws!

I also enjoy listening to some weird experimental stuff too

I listen to about everything that's well produced and sounds nice to me including: Dnb, dubstep, rock, alternative electronic music (no clue of how to describe music like amon tobin & flying lotus...), electro, house... I used to listen to nearly only dubstep and drum and bass for a long time but now I just get frustrated really quick of the 'modern' sound, probably just me though, a lot of people seem to like it :)

Wicked, so everyone listens to everything really. Same here, been loving modest mouse and bonobo recently. Plus this song, actually can't get enough of it, her voice is amazing, In fact, I think it's sampling time! -

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

I have always found my best tunes come out when i've been listening to things totally different to any dance music.

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Yeah man. I've been meaning to buy white pony again for so long. Love deftones! all about the back to school.

Last edited by a moderator:
hip hop, dnb, grunge, rock, blues, classical, house, electro. what ever i feel like at the time. Its not all about dnb when i walk to work at half 7. I need the smooth ride sometimes.

---------- Post added at 00:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

Wicked, so everyone listens to everything really. Same here, been loving modest mouse and bonobo recently. Plus this song, actually can't get enough of it, her voice is amazing, In fact, I think it's sampling time! -

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

I have always found my best tunes come out when i've been listening to things totally different to any dance music.

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Yeah man. I've been meaning to buy white pony again for so long. Love deftones! all about the back to school.

no way man.. digital bath FTW!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom