What Key Am I Working In ???

the-rippa

I'll Kill You Bastard !!!
Is there a way of accuratley knowing what key im working in ?

I'll make some Synth on the Thor, and my usual start/playing position on keyboard is C3 etc...

Is there any software or theory that can help ???

Thanks guys...

Last edited:
If your usual starting position is C3, then there you have it, you are writing in the key of C, just make sure that is your root note and you should be ok. Alternatively there are hundreds of guides for key scales around, just google it and you'll find hundreds.

start at ur root note then go in progression tone tone semitone tone tone tone semitone for the major scale, if ur going in semitones then its chromatic, lots more to it but thats some basic stuff for ya. if u go to ur local music shop u can buy music theroy books to work through which are very helpfull

Another example:

Say i load a sample into the NN-XT, and its in the key of G, it loads itself in the C3 position.

Does this mean its still in the Key of G ???

Another example:

Say i load a sample into the NN-XT, and its in the key of G, it loads itself in the C3 position.

Does this mean its still in the Key of G ???

Yea thats the one, if its in the key of G then load it onto G3 and you'll be all good, then when you play any other notes the sampler will alter the pitch to suit.

Back
Top Bottom