What is ur honest opinion of Dillinja??!!?

Dillinja doesn't make music, he just makes well arranged noise to exercise a large sound system

Yeah he pulls off exactly what he aims to do and there's nowt wrong with that.
That shit about getting away with making rubbish because it sells is total twoddle. If he wanted to do that he'd be making a fuckload more cash than he is now.

you can't deny what the man has done for the scene!!
its not exactly my style of music but i still enjoy hearing the occasional dillinja tune on the floor!!
def. into his older and mid road stuff....
cybotron is one of the best artist albums ever!!
i went to see him when he came down under last year and was really impressed with his mixing!! he is one of the most skilled talented i have ever heard. he managed to keep the EQ on the system in the club flat, and he is aparently the first dj to ever do that on that system. the engineer just allowed him to do what he wanted with it and it was the cleanest sound i have ever heard from a dj on that system! :banana:

Damn he must have got it sorted on the mixing front then.
Mind you it must be near impossible monitoring on the full valve system

Serum said:
Yeah he pulls off exactly what he aims to do and there's nowt wrong with that.

I would say there is when he could do so much better as he has done in the past. It's like having a football team with Maradonna, Platini etc. in midfield and then playing the long ball game :tut:

Serum said:
If he wanted to do that he'd be making a fuckload more cash than he is now.

Really, how would he do that then? Can't think of many labels that sell more records than Valve.

Last edited:
jnr_bryson said:
i've not really liked much dilli in the past 4 years or something but his production is amazing. i dont like his tunes but if you listen everything fits together really well. so in a phrase i would say ''well produced shite''

i dunno, i like dillinja to be honest, of course not every track, but then again i don't think there is any artist where i liked every song

yeah flame me ;)

:oscar:

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is ur honest opinion of Dillinja??!!?

Serum said:

Just call me Mentok...

bmentok.jpg

ooooooweeeeeeeeooooooooo!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is ur honest opinion of Dillinja??!!?

Well, got back from Broken Minds this morning with a headache and ringin' ears...

Don't really matter what you say about Dillinja, he's got his thing down, and it works to nasty proportions on the floor...

Some heavy artillery bass-line gwarnin', and you can't fuck with that :tank:

heard Good Girl last night on radio1/1xtra at edinbourgh - amazing impact on that mo-fo!! :mr_cool:

is it a remix track (like different drum - London elect.) or is it a original track? the vocals sound like a rnb tune

Everything ive heard of dillinja thats been made in the last few months has been on a different tanget :not_worth

ZESTOI said:
good girl is heavy yes. better than most the stuff he's came out with lately !! :monkey:

S'all about hearing it on the system it was written for. Trust me, there's bass in there you can't hear on most normal PA's, tears it up shaolin monk style!

Was leaning on a speaker stack when Lemon D came on, his first tune was like a bass-test track, but with a heavy break... Gives me palpitations just thinkin about it...

Name another sound system that makes yer nuts shake in yer sack!

Dilly is a fucking god, the sound system absolutely rocks. His last tunes though sound more TOTP tunes that d&b. I went to see him at the Coronet and it was just mad when he stepped up. All his tunes sound wicked on the system, anywhere else an it ain't the same.

BIG BAD BASS sucked dick. Hopefully the Killa will be much more hardcore, crunch is a wicked tune.

I've just been told this thread has been featured in Knowledge Magazine (UK) - woot :spliff:

His producing :thumbsd: I do not like but not everybody thinks or like the things that I like but his mixing is very good :applause: when I saw him here in PR.

:rave: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom