WHAT IS THE BEST SOFTWARE FOR DRUM AND BASS (used as the main sequencer)

aka9lives

Software for dum and bass.

A general question. What would you say is the best software for making drum and bass?

What would you say i the best software for making drum and bass (used as the main sequencer).

Please take in consideration the quality of sound and the frequency ranges.

facepalm_statue.jpg

well, taking in the quality of sound and frequency ranges, i think you should google DAW's and try them all out, as someone else said.

there have been hundreds of this same type of thread, you can do a simple search and look at any of them for an idea, but the answer is always the same, its up to you what you use, its what you like best. like a car.

Well i was hoping for at least a few suggestions.
Now this is where i am at.
The quality and fluidity in the drums is basically dependant on what software or hardware you are using.
Now reason is great for making rolling clinical beats that sound good but it just doesnt cut it for me. If you listen to Sub Focus for example his beats have alot of depth and clarity that i assure you you would not be able to create with Reason.
So the best piece of kit would have to still me an MPC machiene (hardware) right?
It keeps the large .wav files and doesnt rely on a play bar to activate each sound. Remember we want rolling beats with a fat snare abd all the trimings.

Now for me logic is great but it takes ages to get a good rolling fat beat sound as you have to work with the fact that it uses a play bar to activate the sound. It is also geat for making layers of bass. Cubase for me still sounds very clinical and Protools is for mastering not making.

So.... What are your thoughts?

The quality and fluidity in the drums is basically dependant on what software or hardware you are using.
Now reason is great for making rolling clinical beats that sound good but it just doesnt cut it for me. If you listen to Sub Focus for example his beats have alot of depth and clarity that i assure you you would not be able to create with Reason.
So the best piece of kit would have to still me an MPC machiene (hardware) right?
It keeps the large .wav files and doesnt rely on a play bar to activate each sound. Remember we want rolling beats with a fat snare abd all the trimings.

Now for me logic is great but it takes ages to get a good rolling fat beat sound as you have to work with the fact that it uses a play bar to activate the sound. It is also geat for making layers of bass. Cubase for me still sounds very clinical and Protools is for mastering not making.

how long have you been in dnb production?? and what are you assuring me i cant make in reason? :) Because if you want to compare beats il probably take you to the corner shop using reason 5 alone. you sound like a real professional though. those are my thoughts.

ehm, i'm using FL studio but no one's mentioned that ;(
/cry :'(
Fl studio is the best sequencer out there ;D! (Rough statement o:, but i'll keep it o:)

No mate, there's no fucking difference.
it's all how you are, not how the program is.

Like what are you gonna do, You dig the synths of reason but you love the sequencer that logic brings for example, what will you choose?
it's all mere bullshit mate, I've always used FL studio because i've never know anything else because i've never tried any others and i'm happy with FL, i'm not a great producer, but it's about having fun right?
It's not about the program it's about how you are, and what program fits YOU best, don't go asking other people which one you have to choose 'cause how can they know which workflow you like best.

Things is, I've heard shit hot music produced from just about every sequencer out there.... So it's near impossible to recommend you one, as nearly all of them will do ya' - if you use them well. You've just got to try demos (as was said by op) and pick the one you like.

I mean, I love Ableton and I'm finally starting to get some decent results with it - But some other people hate it. It's marmite all over again to be honest.

If your really serious though, you can't go wrong with Logic or Cubase. Have a look at any of the Q+A with the pro's on Dogs on Acid, most of them are using one of those two (not that you can't get cracking tunz with others).

I can't be arsed to find another facepalm picture, but i'll just point out this is complete bullshit. The fluidity of drums depends on your samples, effects added, eq and compression.....

I personally use Ableton Live 8.2 to do everything (producing,mastering,liveset).
Before i was using Cubase SX and Logic... Sometimes i use Reason in rewire... that's it...

Basically everything you've said in this is wrong.

1. Choose a DAW
2. Learn how to use it
3. ???
4. Profit

Forget everything you've ever learnt about music production. This is drum & bass. You're on our turf now. No information you have about producing any other genre will help you. You're on your own and deep down, you know it. Welcome to the mad house.

Back
Top Bottom