What is the best DJ set of all time ?

Timberlar

This should be interesting in your own opinion what is the best Set of all time, it can be old skool up to present day stuff, we'll all have a vote and see who wins, and then maybe stick the mixes on the Forum for people to decide.

Here's mine -

Mickey Finn & Mc Spyda @ Pandemonium - Andromeda 5
Institute Birmingham May 1993.

Come on then lets be Avin Ya !

Hard choice!

For me though it'd have to be something from 97-98 period, suppose that's cause that's when i started to really apreciate things more at raves and parties, more bout the music, less bout the messyness! Still think tho that 97-98 was magic times, the new material was fresh, amazing and not automatically put into genera and category of how it sounded, was just phat music, and all the 'old skool' sets of the time were wicked too.

Still, decisions time!

Nearly any "Sy & Unknown/MC Ruff" set of 96-98 time;

Others that really stick out are the 97-98 NYE's sets that "SS/MC Warren G" did - killed it for me at dreamscape that night, got the tape from the same night, but later on at Helter Skelter, by then they'd done dreamscape, world dance, and were now at helter. totally blew the place off the roof on each of those sets that night, really summed up the music of the time;

Favorite's gonna be "Top Buzz(aka Jason Kaye) with MC MC" at Ravenation (the frst one) in Bagleys from 1999. Amazing tune selection, great, clear & easy to hear lyrics on the Mic, proper interaction between DJ & MC, could jsut tell they were mates, and it really rubbed off on the crowd and the reactions they gave all through the set. Shame tape got placed nicely near a magnet when lent it to a mate :( would love another copy of it if anyone's got it!

Can't decide on one set in particular so I'm going to say any Randall mixtape from AWOL 93-94. It don't get any better than this imo. :lighter:

DJ RubberDucky @ Bubblebath 1993

jk - I dunno, biggest effect on my life was a Greg Packer set from 93, and a Bailey set from 99 both in Perth.
both shit DJs anyway:crazy:

a mampi/ic3/bassman tape we rinsed at college non-stop

think it was heat 1999 NYE

all the classic rollers from that time...the one, atlantis etc

also...swan-e NYE dreamscape (92/93??) with mad p and conrad: the mutz nutz

Zinc 3 Decks from Slammin Vinyl Fireworks spectacular 2002. A truly fine use of multiple decks

Back
Top Bottom