What is the actual meaning...

in my humble opinion VIP in this case translates to "FUCK YOU, YOU NONAME PEACE OF SHIT"

first the big tune you've been waiting for AGES comes out and you're all hyped up about it, but the time you get it the producer has allready done a VIP version of that tune witch is usually of course way more better. so you got the tune you wanted and you wanna blend it in your mix, and just to piss you off there's a upgraded version of that tune and you WANT it but you CANT have it because its so FUCKING

V
I
P

really i got nothing against remixing a good tune a little to make it even better,
but still it's kinda like when you were a kid and the stores sold coca cola pro yo-yo's to all the cool kids, but all you could buy was the lame fanta yo-yo

That made me laugh....loads
:beers::beers: Just to have a little summin special, exactly like your saying

from wikipedia

"DJ support (that is playing a track) in a club atmosphere or on radio is critical in track success, even if the track producer is well known.[19] To this end, DJs will receive dubplates a long time before a general release of a track, sometimes many months before, in order to spark interest in it as well as benefit the DJ (exclusive and early access to tracks is a hallmark of DJ success, i.e. the case of Andy C). Sometimes a DJ will receive versions of tracks that are not planned for general release, these are so-called VIP mixes"

from wikipedia

"DJ support (that is playing a track) in a club atmosphere or on radio is critical in track success, even if the track producer is well known.[19] To this end, DJs will receive dubplates a long time before a general release of a track, sometimes many months before, in order to spark interest in it as well as benefit the DJ (exclusive and early access to tracks is a hallmark of DJ success, i.e. the case of Andy C). Sometimes a DJ will receive versions of tracks that are not planned for general release, these are so-called VIP mixes"

some vip's are released though, i thought it was varied in production

Yes, they are released. But all it means is that a VIP (as in very important person) has remixed/had a remix made of the original. That is all. Having the letters VIP after a track name does not dictate whether or not it gets a release. Ok, so in some cases they won't get released i.e. Artisan VIP. Sometimes though the VIP gets a release, i.e. Beast City VIP/Forever VIP/Deep Roni Size VIP, but only after the VIPs have had enough time to rinse out their version. Artisan VIP is not getting a release because it is so special, and unlike a few people around at the moment Lomax & co. probably don't feel the need to whore it out so that it gets rinsed and everybody gets bored of it.

Back
Top Bottom