What is that makes Andy C so great..?

the years, the skills, what he has done in general for the scene.

never actually seen him play despite multiple opportunities. Ram have kinda gone in a direction that isn't really to my taste in recent years....but still worth seeing an andy set at some point.

A nice combination of Traktor, incredibly bad taste and the desire to sell out to earn money when you're getting too old for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I was kidding about Traktor, but Andy C has made it clear he is willing to cater to kids to stay relevant. There's nothing wrong with that, but I have much more respect for guys like Loxy and Goldie who have always stuck to their guns, never catered to the masses and maintained their integrity at the risk of making ends meet.

A nice combination of Traktor, incredibly bad taste and the desire to sell out to earn money when you're getting too old for the game.

Hater. Kill yourself.

Andy C is one of the best things that has happened to Drum & Bass. A pioneer for the scene and is an absolute don behind the decks. I don't give a fuck what anyone else says about him, the man is a legend.

Tight mixing, great selection and unreal skills behind the decks, so what if he plays the odd knife party tune or something like that, he's still a G

He used to be great.

My biggest argument against the guy now is he don't do any mixes for his fans anymore, whats with that! If anyone wants to tell me otherwise please do. Yet he will still get best dj this year from his fan boys

Apart from the 3 he's releasing on Nightlife 6 yeah?

Hater. Kill yourself.

Andy C is one of the best things that has happened to Drum & Bass. A pioneer for the scene and is an absolute don behind the decks. I don't give a fuck what anyone else says about him, the man is a legend.

You were 12 years old the last time Andy C had good taste.

Just to give you an idea why I asked, I've seen him DJ twice this year, once at Global Gathering and last night at Brixton. I thought his sets were "ok" but nothing amazing, and I couldn't understand the hype around him doing long sets.

and you are sucking the cock of the i hate ram bandwagon pretty hard

andy is still amazing behind the decks and everyone who says otherwise must have something wrong with their brain or hates drum & bass

yeah ram is such a sellout look at what they've been putting out this year (membrane/babylon, swag, from autumn to ashes, perfect world, gambino, the whole program stuff, where my ladies at)
the dude has been touri9ng nonstop for like 10 years give him a break, maybe he has a different musical taste than you? But no hating on ram is so hipster i got to do it

Apart from the 3 he's releasing on Nightlife 6 yeah?

How long do you think you will be rinsing that before you get another one?

Correct me if im wrong but hav'nt the Nightlife fans been rinsing that last nightlife cd since 2010 ! 3 years later he decides to do another one LOL

Correct me if im wrong but hav'nt the Nightlife fans been rinsing that last nightlife cd since 2010 ! 3 years later he decides to do another one LOL

Na, you are right to be fair. But it does make them more special when he does release them.

Please explain to me what your version of "good taste" is?

Music that isn't made for drugged up kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, Andy C is a fantastically skilled DJ. How he can play the tunes he does and still have a straight face is beyond me. Again, there's nothing wrong with selling out. It's part of being an entertainer that still makes money. Cater to the lowest common denominator, pilled up teenagers.

Honestly, I haven't been able to stomach an entire Andy C set for a decade. I have no patience for what I consider bad music.

He is by far the best technical DJ there is. His selection is super lame along with most of Rams output. I'd go see Dieselboy over Andy any day of the week and he plays a good amount of dubstep in his sets.

there have been a few bits since the last one, few leaked sets, warehouse mix, mixmag cd, just go see him live tho!

there have been a few bits since the last one, few leaked sets, warehouse mix, mixmag cd, just go see him live tho!

So what you are telling me is in 3 years there has been a couple of leaked sets! Its not on bro and im sure you and any AndyC fan will agree. I come from a time when getting the new Andy c mix was a normal thing so please see it from that point of view also

Nobody will argue against the fact he is the best drum & bass dj but he's got so many flaws at the same time my biggest one im passionate about is not getting any recent sets from him. I cant travel up and down the country all the time and I like to hear an mc over his sets so Nightlife wont cut it for me.

When's the next Andy C studio mix with GQ bring it on

What exactly does this mean though? And when you're in rave does this generally make a difference?

If you have seen Andy live its a no brainer really he is amazing to watch on the decks and the mixes he pulls off are unreal. Ive been with dj's in the scene who I and many others would class as good but even they hold there hands up and say no Andy is the man but like I said he don't pass through my town much anymore so I struggle to hear him.

He does do some crazy things. The only other dj's that I've seen drop cue with open faders are turntablists. Btw, watching Craze do a dnb set is unreal. He, along with Randall and Fierce, basically revolutionized dnb dj'ing and how tunes are built. With that said, he's also partly responsible for mainstream drum and bass becoming the embarrassing shit show that it is. Some of the tunes he plays sound more like happy hardcore than jungle. Bad taste. Over the top, disposable garbage that lacks any subtlety. It's like half the shit he plays was made in New Jersey by guys with Affliction shirts, Ed Hardy hats and European cut jeans that have fucking designs embroidered on them.

Back
Top Bottom