What is that makes Andy C so great..?

Generally with Andy sets for me, there'll be 10 or 15 minute sections where I'm losing my shit because he's rolling out some proper business, and then there'll be 30 minute sections where I'll go to the bar because he's playing stuff that sounds nothing at all like the drum & bass I've grown up with

The guy is an absolute legend and a worthy ambassador for drum & bass to the masses. As much as he plays a lot of cheese these days, he loves the music more than any of us do and you can tell just from watching him drop say, To Shape The Future Remix that deep down that is the stuff that makes him happiest.

This thread makes my dick sweat...

P.S. Andy should bring back those flowing locks! So sensual! :boobies:

seen Andy a few times, played before and after him before (which is daunting to say the least) - but although he obviously plans the crap out of his sets and smashes huge combo's with all of the big tunes, I just can't get past the fact that he plays with tunes that are all the same speed, which means 3-deck mixing live is a piece of cake. Gimme a 3-deck DJ who has to ride the pitch on every tune, and that is far more technically difficult than what Andy does (not that there are many of those these days)

seen Andy a few times, played before and after him before (which is daunting to say the least) - but although he obviously plans the crap out of his sets and smashes huge combo's with all of the big tunes, I just can't get past the fact that he plays with tunes that are all the same speed, which means 3-deck mixing live is a piece of cake. Gimme a 3-deck DJ who has to ride the pitch on every tune, and that is far more technically difficult than what Andy does (not that there are many of those these days)

I've heard him clang (minorly). I'm not convinced he had all his tunes cut at the same speed.

I lot of people make their tunes at the same speed. I do sometimes so that if I have a crap old tune with elements I want to use I can import them easily. 174 and 172 are ubiquitous. I dunno why. He doesn't do it deliberately. You can't really diss Andy on this front, he's one of few djs who actually still mixes properly

Lol

This thread is so stupid, why is everyone so keen to think of negative's about Andy (which most likely aren't even true). Of course he doesn't pre pitch his tunes for fucks sake, guess what, he can BEATMATCH, incredibly well, yes alot of tunes in dnb are the same speed, but Andy wasn't the one to make it that way.

Yes he plays some shit sometimes, which I don't like, but the percentage of it in one if his sets is so minor that compared to the amount of classics and huge dubs mixed incredibly well and energetically that it really doesn't bother me that much and I just forget about it and focus on all the gully parts of the set.

Bottom line: stop hating and appreciate.

Saw him last night at Motion. Amongst all the crap music he was playing and teasing some gems; true romance, the nine, renegade snare remix and loads more. His mixing is incredible and thats what I went for really, just stood with my head nodding and appreciated the skills involved.

because when he draws as he can, he is the best DJ around. a lot of the time now a days it's not been so much my cup of tea.

also.

dat nightflight mix

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom