what is it about drum n bass that attracts arrogant wankers ?

_MILLA

Flamboyant muthafucka
VIP Junglist
I got asked that question at westfest a few weeks back..

I was chattin to these guys and they said they love dnb but are put off by the amount of pricks in the scene..
he said the minority of dnb heads are the nicest people to talk to, the rest are the biggest wankers in the rave scene lol..

Just popped into my head that i had that convo, thought id share it...

Its kinda sad to think they have that view but it seems that quite a few people share the same opinion on the attitude of dnb heads...

im sure you all have your piece to say ? lol... id like to know what people on here think of that!! :)

This might only be the case in the UK, everyone I meet at a dnb party over here in Belgium is always friendly and there's never any trouble

But surely every scene has its bad apples

Seems like they're going to events that attract the wrong crowd. Doubt you'd get many wankers at somewhere like Sun & Bass

I've got a mate who works a few doors in London. Places like Hidden, Area & St. Ewer Street Car Park. He always praises dnb nights for the atmosphere, and how most people there are up for a chat. He always says there's a million times more trouble at house/garage nights full of posers and people that can't handle their drink.

I've always had more grief going out locally, or with non-bass mates, than I have goin ravin.

Definitely more idiots on forums

there's a million times more trouble at house/garage nights full of posers and people that can't handle their drink.

I've always had more grief going out locally, or with non-bass mates, than I have goin ravin.

Definitely more idiots on forums

Exactly.

JwYNF7j71qfnioxnnQqkNHn1o1_500.png

Said it before on the forum and i'll say it again. It depends what kind of dnb. eg, playaz nights your drowning in a sea of tracksuits, shogun nights are the safest people ive ever met, raindance you mainly just have cunts trying to pickpocket the pill heads, hospital nights has a load of posing pricks, but theyre generally alright.

more wankers on forums lol

yeah, but you can't get jacked through your computer monitor!

personally i think its no where near as bad as it was 5 years ago or so... used to be bare people just out for jacking and bare rudeboys, seems now derpstep is popular the people at raves are more there for the music!

Said it before on the forum and i'll say it again. It depends what kind of dnb. eg, playaz nights your drowning in a sea of tracksuits, shogun nights are the safest people ive ever met, raindance you mainly just have cunts trying to pickpocket the pill heads, hospital nights has a load of posing pricks, but theyre generally alright.

+1000 this^

Ive never had any trouble and met tons of great people at small underground nights that dont do mainstream. On the flipside theres some decent people, but also a bunch of posers and socially retarded twats who can drag the vibe down pretty quick.

Keep the mainstream where it is, I know how to avoid it then.

If theres any arrogance its cos we are passionate about the music. Almost everybody i know up here in donny/yorkshire is into hardcore/hardstyle/hard dance etc, and i can firmly say i will never rave with those people lol. Most of the lads are wideeyed shirtless morons who smell of veggie water with massive ego problems and most of the lasses look like skeletor on a come down. The decent ones (luckily the ones i know) are few and far between lol. I know heads get messy too but the 4 to the floor crew you never can tell wether they wanna fuck you or bite your ears off and smear the blood across their chests.

p.s. theres nothing worse than people saying they love dnb or dubstep cos darren styles has put a dnb/dubstep breaking in a tune or something, fucking cringe... they deserve it sometimes!

playaz nights are more of a mix of people nowadays, still sick i reckon!
in my humble opinion i think the scene is much better than it used to be, at least weve gone past the stage of if you were going to stratford rex or random concept or something you had to wear a tn hat, a diadora tracksuit and be pilled off your nut. lot more variety nowadays which is good, im not an incredible fans of the hipsters who sit back and spectate at raves though, who somehow think they are best mates with friction and ask him to play a request every couple of minutes, can someone tell me what frictions reaction should of been when someone showed him a picture of Metapod from Pokemon on their i-phone? cos he just looked at them blankly

So you hear a lot about the times around sort of 95/6 when tearout and ragga jungle was attracting the wrong uns and jungle had this majorly bad reputation, so people like LTJ Bukem and others started doing their thang and called it "drum and bass" in order to split away from this bad reputation.

What was that all about then? What were the raves like at jungle events in those years? Storys from old folks please :)

The most arrogant and narrow minded people I met were listening to DNB, Hip Hop or Hardcore Punk.

I think this the interesting point. The original question wasn't how much of a dick/wanker/cock they were, it was the arrogance. In my experience there is an unbelievable and (from my point of view) unjustified arrogance that you don't see as much elsewhere. This isn't in itself a problem, but the dismissal of genres of music as 'shit' because of a different taste is retarded really. Unless you genuinely believe you have a god given gift to choose whats best in the world for everyone. You liking something doesn't make it the best, it means its the best for you.

Anyway, you can be the nicest person in the world and still be arrogant as hell.

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

If theres any arrogance its cos we are passionate about the music.

Again, this is interesting. Be as passionate as you like to be, i am, however conversely just as happy for people to be passionate about other things which it seems a lot of people in this scene aren't so happy to do.

most of the lasses look like skeletor on a come down.

bit of bacon sandwich came out my mouth when i read that. but ye, lots of dnb heads are very elitist in my experience, however its better than fanboys blindly following whatever some shit dj is pushing...not that that doesnt happen in dnb, just people seem to have more of a personal opinion

Back
Top Bottom