What is it about dnb that hits you just in the right spot?

TheRouteofNow

I'm new to this forum (clearly); I don't come into contact with dnb heads like myself often so I thought I'd give this forum a go. I fell in love with the genre 5 years ago and now hooked for life; no other genre seems to touch the viscera when mixed with the correct melody and harmony combinations and driving percussion ensembles...Anyways, here are some of my mixes if yall wanted to take a gander...(album coming soon) https://soundcloud.com/routeofnow

What is it about that dnb makes you tick?
What got you hooked on it?

-Cheers

I'm new to this forum (clearly); I don't come into contact with dnb heads like myself often so I thought I'd give this forum a go. I fell in love with the genre 5 years ago and now hooked for life; no other genre seems to touch the viscera when mixed with the correct melody and harmony combinations and driving percussion ensembles...Anyways, here are some of my mixes if yall wanted to take a gander...(album coming soon) https://soundcloud.com/routeofnow

-Cheers

Hey man,

DnB is my favorite because it is so versatile. I mean you've got everything from the enigmatic journeys that Kemal takes you on to the neo-soul snap of Spectrasoul's Delay No More.

There's that but, that doesn't explain away everything. If versatility was all it was about, then jazz would be my favorite. I don't know. I've always been a sucker for bass and distorted basslines, and syncopated rhythms. I love a crisp, clean snare. It's a powerful sound. And when you create patterns of them, it can be mesmerizing.

What got me hooked on DnB.. probably Blu Mar Ten. Blu Mar Ten's Love is the Devil, Starting Over, their Erykah Badu remix, that's as far back as I can remember DnB just dominating my selection. Goldie too. I used to put Goldie's Sensual on repeat. I had a Hospital compilation back in the day, but, it never really grabbed me the way Blu Mar Ten did.

Before I was into DnB I was into 2step/Garage. Post-Garage, DnB, like Synkro, Submerse, Whistla, jamie xx, J-One, Mount Kimbie, stuff like that. I've always loved electronic music. There were times when I listneed to Grant Nelson non-stop, DJ EZ, etc. DnB became a majority genre for me because I kept discovering more artists that were great. Every time I found a new artist they kept blowing my mind. Teebee is a great example of that. Break is another great example of that. Ulterior Motive another one. Anyway, that might cover it.

-Cheers

just saw you're an American too. Cool. I have friends out in Portland and Eugene. Really cool place to be, you're lucky man. I'm kind of stuck in the midwest right now, but I want to make it to the West Coast.

I had this Nokia or Microsoft phone about five years ago and it had mix radio on there,mix radio used to play "chilled drum and bass",this is what got me into this ambient,melodic,trancey kind of genre.also the songs were played at random so you got all the latest releases,track info,album cover art,I wrote down on a pad every track I took a shine too,and before I knew it I had hundreds of tracks I wanted to download,and now I have.credits to mix radio because them tracks just kept coming until 2014,when they stopped it.So now I'm on here dnb forum,looking at the music and posts and its much better...

I had this Nokia or Microsoft phone about five years ago and it had mix radio on there,mix radio used to play "chilled drum and bass",this is what got me into this ambient,melodic,trancey kind of genre.also the songs were played at random so you got all the latest releases,track info,album cover art,I wrote down on a pad every track I took a shine too,and before I knew it I had hundreds of tracks I wanted to download,and now I have.credits to mix radio because them tracks just kept coming until 2014,when they stopped it.So now I'm on here dnb forum,looking at the music and posts and its much better...

Cool, it sounds like you like..LSB, Lenzman, Marcus Intalex, BCee, Vanguard Project, Tokyo Prose, Kimyan Law, Hybrid Minds, Pola & Bryson, etc.

Just listened to vanguard project and they're really good.. Definitely on my list to get/download.So many different artists,I have a job keeping up !

Back
Top Bottom