What is coming up @ dnbforum

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Audio - After a short absence, the audio page will be making a return to the forum, I believe the mighty Triple M will be proper on the case from now on.

Images - This will also return very soon, users will be able to submit their event photos too!

Dub shop - After a LOT of questions, this will be appearing on the forum in the near future.

That concludes the real big forthcoming upgrades for now, peace :)

I am sortin the Dub points thing at the moment, hold tight.

If you see any errors pop up during the next few days, post em here.

Thanks.

Right, I have been working on this Dub points thing and I am starting to wonder whether to bother having it.

Bascially, the normal things that you can select, such as custom avatars, or custom user titles will only be able to be changed once you have enough points to buy the item. I might aswell just let you change them when you want.

I was going to allow users to buy email addresses with the Dub points, but I can allow that on total posts, as oppose to dub points.

Its up to you, I am feeling that its a waste of time, what about you?

How about giving users with a certain number of dub points the chance to become moderators? We're doing that over at dnbscene with our criminal points. Basically it means that you're acknowledging active users for being active and rewarding them with a bit of responsibility.

What's good about the points thing is that you can distinguish from the people who start threads regularly and the more shy ones who just post replies. We give 3 points for a new thread and 1 point for a reply so it's dead easy to distinguish the two groups.

Lots of things you can do with them, just use your imagination. :slayer:

Originally posted by logikz
dub store sounds cool but is there anyway to implement some sort of cannabis distribution along with this? i think it would go down well with the majority of users.

Sounds good to me :evil:

Audio and Images pages are up so you can use them. They are not done, so please ignore the gash colouring :)

Originally posted by sdm
Audio and Images pages are up so you can use them. They are not done, so please ignore the gash colouring :)

Wooop :D The audio page is back in effect, it should work fine, though I may have messed up somewhere :oops: If you do find a problem, post it in this thread please.

You must be logged in to use this service from dnbforum :)

http://dnbforum.com/audio.php

I'll sort an image for the top soonish.

http://dnbforum.com/chat.php

That will take you to the dnbforum Java chat room :)

You must be logged in to use this service from dnbforum.

However, if you would like to connect to the chat room using your own IRC client:

Server: efnet.demon.co.uk
Port: 6667
Channel: #drum&bass

Enjoy! :D

Right, once users sign up, they will have no choice of avatars. When they reach 30 posts, they can choose from these avatars.

Once they reach 100 posts, they can submit their own avatar!

Users can also specify their own custom user title once they reach 30 posts.

Enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom