What is a Pad?

Krispy

VIP Junglist
Im sorry this is my super noob question of the day...

But what is meant by pads?

I always hear people talking about pads and synths and stuff but I don't understand what is meant by that....

Yeah pads are string like sounds, almost air like. Synth's are your short stabby sounds or an abbreviation of synthesizer, aka vst etc etc.

most tunes will have some form of pad or texture in the background though, it fills out the tune, may not be melodic and maybe just a noise that has been run through many many processors. it adds a lot of depth to your tune.

ya, hee eksplans zee prossez of mahking zee paird soondz vely well

good stuff gordo, cool to watch ;)

anyone know where i can download some free decent pads? i want something a bit dark, like renegade hardware'y sounding :D
safe

using fruity loops, yer its got a few presets, but theyre pretty techy/synthy sounding if that makes sense, kind you would hear in a house tune, looking for a darker rolling sound, or is the best way to go pitch one of these down and mess around with the settings?

i have massive and z3ta. some good presets on zeta but wanted to have a go at making something myself or just having a play with some pads similar to the ones you get with FL.
thanks

anyone know where i can download some free decent pads? i want something a bit dark, like renegade hardware'y sounding :D
safe
You could just sample a hi-hat,snare or some sound from your library and tweak the isht out of it.It usually works pretty well and you'll be damn proud when you'll listen to it thinking that 'Oh my!I did such an astonishing drone music pad!:rinsed:'

i have massive and z3ta. some good presets on zeta but wanted to have a go at making something myself or just having a play with some pads similar to the ones you get with FL.
thanks

I find massive is quite good for making some synths. Basically just make a standard bass and pitch it higher. It's also easy to experiment with, while z3ta is confusing unless you know exactly what you're doing.

pantyliner.jpg

Back
Top Bottom