DnB What is a good DnB Album to buy for your girlfriend?

U

User 98717

Please be aware my girlfriend has never heard of DnB, she normally listens to indie rock music or electro house music by Calvin Harris.

I normally listen to a lot of heavy Neruofunk or Techstep with liquid dnb mixed in, basically anything from Noisia to Hospital records and many more. What is a good album that can ease her into some wonderful DnB sound without me scaring here away with my heavy tracks?

My girl can't get enough of Tokyo Prose, she's even bought us tickets for the upcoming Samurai night. I know his album isn't out yet, but a couple singles could be a good place to start. She's also a huge fan of Random Movement, Calibre, Submorphics, anything that's upbeat that you can still jam to.

Even a Logistics album is good. Say Space Jam (or something from those years).

Hell, even Fear Not is good come to think of it

Sent from my RM-914_eu_italy_283 using Tapatalk

You could go for some of the older hospitality albums, the danny bryd one is good, easy listening dnb.

Or even calibre shelflife... its not mixed but some great dnb tracks on there.

High Contrast - Confidential - This would probably be a good start, CD1 is nice up beat liquid vibes, with a few tracks she may recognise. CD2 is filled with his dnb remixes of popular songs;

Disc 1 - The Originals
1."Racing Green"
2."Return of Forever"
3."If We Ever"
4."Seven Notes In Black"
5."Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"
6."Twilights Last Gleaming"
7."Tread Softly"
8."Lovesick"
9."Music Is Everything"
10."The Persistence Of Memory"
11."Basement Track"
12."When The Lights Go Down"

Disc 2 - The Remixes
1.Adele - "Hometown Glory"
2.The Streets - "Has It Come To This?"
3.High Contrast - "The Basement Track" (HC's Upstairs Downstairs Remix)
4.Omni Trio - "Renegade Snares"
5.Eric Prydz - "Pjanoo"
6.London Elektricity - "Remember The Future"
7.Utah Saints - "Something Good 08"
8.Ils - "No Soul"
9.Missy Elliott - "We Run This"
10.Blaze - "Most Precious Love"
11.Blue Sonix - "This Feeling"
12.Basement Jaxx - "Hey U"
13.London Elektricity - "My Dreams"

Other than that, maybe get her the Netsky, Sub Focus, Chase & Status, Brookes Brothers and Nero albums. Thats the sort of stuff my bird listens to.

Perhaps ease her into it with Netsky - Netsky, Brookes Brothers - Brookes Brothers, or Loadstar - Future Perfect.
If you think it'll be hugely hard to steer her on the path to the glory of DnB then maybe start with some of the artists who get radioplay like Sub Focus, Chase & Status, Camo & Krooked, Drumsound & Bassline Smith or DJ Fresh (NOT NEXTLEVELISM THOUGH. FUCK THAT ALBUM).
And of course there's always Pendulum which she might like considering she likes music with guitars

Etherwood lp is probably your best bet I think, Maybe the Shockone LP and a Camo & Krooked LP could work aswell

most of what is mentioned here could probably work tbh

Calibre any day of the week, tracks like people never change, even if..., who's singing, dont want your love. the list goes on, my girl loves dnb thanks to me but she really struggles with tracks without vocals (i think it's a girl thing) ;)

You should also give her the Lenzman LP, Technimatic LP, Keeno LP and Liquicity LP when they all come this Summer, I reckon she'd love those!

Back
Top Bottom