What I hate about soundcloud

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Is getting emails that say

"DJ BUTTMUNCH sent a private track to you and 41157 other people"

come on... private track? really? you have sent this to everyone and their nan. I'm not even following you so piss off son!

I don't care if your tracks make Noisia sound like an asmatic puffin on laughing gas banging a stick on his testicles. Im not listening to them!

if your reading this and your the sort of person who sends their tracks to thousands of people
1. I hate you
2. you make yourself appear desperate and I have no faith in your tracks sounding good based upon this.

Maybe I should just update my email settings and shut up!

rant over

yea that is annoying
i never send a private track to anyone
except maybe a label or sumfin

ye I get this all the time especially from someone called UKDNB or something like that, haven't listen to a single one of them, and I'm not even following them!

^^^ haha :D :D

its ok imo if you send it out to whatever, your 40 peers to get some feedback before you let it go on the general public, but apart from that this method is pure annoying, yeah.

doesnt happen to me much often tho.

and for the record: just tell soundcloud not to send you emails? lol.

yeah im getting that wanker too
Bluey ll UKDNB ll
Anomaly
WYP productions
2mr2Records
K12

I'm gonna start giving them greif

as a label we got tons of these sent to us via sound cloud

personally i cant understand why any one would think a label would want to sign a track that has been sent out to free to thousands of people

soundcloud is just as easy to download and rip audio from as youtube so why people use it to try and get music signed is madness

our society soundcloud page gets bombarded all the time.. this is one example

"For a number of months now, we keep getting a guy under the name Hollywood Nitty trying to add tracks to our soundcloud group. Two tracks have come through in the past 16h! I am one of the people who gets all the emails about pending tracks/ mixes. I've seen a few mixes from our members that have been over a week old, so I am assuming I am the only one who accepts them. Anyway I was hoping to send this message to him, unless anyone objects:

Hello,

In the description it states that these are mixes supplied by Hull University's student DJs. Please kindly cease and desist. Your tracks will not be accepted, as you do not attend Hull University. If you carry on we will block you from the group.

Thank you.

his response was
"What matters if People are Enjoying the mixes let them enjoy it Im promoting My tracks worldwide If you feel that way to hate on another artist by all means do whats must ..."

its not hating you turd you're just spamming random groups, fuck off.

so yes i agree

LOL

Even I get these...and I don't even DJ/Produce, let alone upload any tracks/mixes! Soundcloud is a nice way for me to catch up on beats though, as I've been unable to dload any music since summer last year.

The soundcloud app is large as well. Rinse the wi-fi at work, through a fresh mix on, boomtang :)

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't snippets to listen to at 96kbps...

If you're gonna spam then at least send a free tune around...not more tunes just to listen to! That's by far the most annoying thing on soundcloud imo...thousands of tunes to listen to that aren't downloadable. After a while you reach your limit. What's the point of listening to a minute and a half of a tune you're never gonna mix and that probably doesn't even exist beyond the bit of it that you can see? It's definitely an odd place to frequent...

Spam folder ownz those cuntz in my case :D If I want to listen to a track, I can find it all by myself, thank you very much sir, I'm neither mentally disabled nor incapable of using search button.

it is jarring, don't mind if it's news of forthcoming stuff but being sent some sub standard squelch fest to share with 98000 other users is a quick non vocal way to get lock off

cant u lot be bothered to click Block (mute)? surely thats less effort than having a tantrum on here lol

^^ that doesn't work

i have blocked him (mute) and im not following him
the only option is to change my email settings

I just dont like the way that when i try to upload a mix it says that I'm not allowed because the track isn't mine, and that I'm not allowed to upload mixes with it even if I've purchased it, pretty poor on their behalf. I can understand why it's done though.

Back
Top Bottom