What I don't Get

logikz

I Am Not The King
moyles... that the guy look like fes? wasnt that the word? while ago? right?

logikz

I Am Not The King
also, i take it you went straight to the horses mouth and asked the oil companies for the real deal on global warming

Greg P

VIP Junglist
moyles... that the guy look like fes? wasnt that the word? while ago? right?
Yeah looks exactly like Fes, but talks way more shit!

also, i take it you went straight to the horses mouth and asked the oil companies for the real deal on global warming
Yes.

Well actually no, but between you and me, and everyone else who comes on here, I was speaking to someone very senior at WWF (International Secretariat, none of your local office bullshit), who said that they were talking to one of their scientists and said look, what's your personal opinion on it, and you know what he said?

"We're fucked, doesn't matter what we do, we're screwed either way, we're too late to do anything about it"

Good news huh?

Blurr

Wasted Selection
VIP Junglist
My god, this fella is a gullible fucker! believes everything he's told...
he must be in his own count of stupid americans

...and Obama is not a fucking muslim, he's a mormon!!

safety

double safety
VIP Junglist
i was actually talking to the panda from the wwf logo, just casually, about global warming and all that and he blames the chinese. so i went and spoke to the chinese and they blame the americans and when i asked the americans they said there was no such thing as global warming, but if there was it was the terrorists that did it.

logikz

I Am Not The King
yeah, i thought as much. wasnt aimed at you though, the truth about global warming is not likely to be coming from the oil companies, which is where i reckon dj rev tech got his facts from. its like going to the tabacco companies for the truth on the correlation between smoking and cancer.

Greg P

VIP Junglist
Well he would say that wouldn't he?

Thinks he can say and do just what he wants just because he's endangered and looks cute, christ he's such a loser that guy... All he ever does is sit on his fat ass chomping on bamboo, we bring along a sexy girl panda for him to make fucky-fuck with so that they can a little minuture baby Panda and so shut the hell up about being so lonely and endangered and what does he do?

Sits on his ass eating bamboo and moans about how few of them there are in the world, how ebndangered they are, and how he's not technically a bear so feels misrepresented...

Don't talk to me about that guy...

Greg P

VIP Junglist
yeah, i thought as much. wasnt aimed at you though, the truth about global warming is not likely to be coming from the oil companies, which is where i reckon dj rev tech got his facts from. its like going to the tabacco companies for the truth on the correlation between smoking and cancer.
Oh right, I get you now... I see where you were coming from...

Still at least my misunderstanding got a half interesting anecdote out of me, every cloud and all that...

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
I got my facts from my fuckin smart dad, you think I like oil and stuff? I am alright with people experimenting with energy but taking it too far is bad. Pollution is bad, but Co2 is bullshit.

Just try to think of it as not our fault of evolving. The sun might be at a gassier state or something mate.

Let's not hate and think bout it. (btw there is no way I am getting pissed off by one person on the internet wrote)

Greg P

VIP Junglist
And where did your dad get his facts from?

Oh yeah, that would be the media again wouldn't it...

So the moral of this story is "Don't believe everything you read in the media, but if someone you think is smarter than you reads something in the media and tells you it, then believe that"

Cool, seems like a good way to form opinions to me?

DeployFX

I really didn't want to jump on him or his dad, I don't even know if you're 14 dude but this clearly calls for an Adam Sandler moment:

"Momma said all alligators are angry cuz they call 'them teeth and no toothbrush."

RevTech

VIP Junglist
And where did your dad get his facts from?

Oh yeah, that would be the media again wouldn't it...

So the moral of this story is "Don't believe everything you read in the media, but if someone you think is smarter than you reads something in the media and tells you it, then believe that"

Cool, seems like a good way to form opinions to me?
The media doesn't even say that it isn't real. If it did, then that person would be ridiculed or ruined in some form.

My dad didn't get his facts. He just saw that global warming from co2 is unreasonable. He knows a lot of science.

RevTech

VIP Junglist
I really didn't want to jump on him or his dad, I don't even know if you're 14 dude but this clearly calls for an Adam Sandler moment:

"Momma said all alligators are angry cuz they call 'them teeth and no toothbrush."
why do people even want to doubt that I'm not? lol
I might post a pic of my mustache or something later, there might be your "proof"

DeployFX

The media doesn't even say that it isn't real. If it did, then that person would be ridiculed or ruined in some form.

My dad didn't get his facts. He just saw that global warming from co2 is unreasonable. He knows a lot of science.
Being in to science and thinking scientifically are two different things. Yeah, I may know what voltage is and can tell you about it, but I wouldn't be able to tell you why it causes or back it up with proof ie; the hard core physics stuff. And there's the rub. The scientific method isn't about finding one little thing ant turning it in to fact or flat out statement. It needs to be measurable, empirical, as well as observable.

You think global warming is something new? Scientists and environmentalists have been talking about it for decades, but of course in the media, if people aren't dying or if it's not Britney in the headlines, it aint getting reported. And you can forget about FOX News doing shit right.

The United States consumes 25% of the world's resources, for what, 4% of the world's population, and yet you say global warming doesn't exist? And that's just 1 country... I don't know where your dad is getting this "info" but he is clearly wrong, very very wrong.

Greg P

VIP Junglist

Actually, there's plenty of sections of the media that claim global warming isn't real, granted it's often just for the sake of being controversial, but it is out there...

As for CO2 causing global warming, that's abseloute fact and is something that scientists have known about since the mid 70's... Air with a greater CO2 content absorbs and holds more heat than air with a lower CO2 content, therefore the suns warming effect on the earth is increased by a higher concentration of CO2. This is really simple science which can be demonstrated easily in laboratory conditions, I've seen it done right in front of me...

Get your dad to run his experiment again, he seems to be getting a different result to all of the worlds greatest scientists who have all independently run tests time and time again and got the same result...