What headphones to buy?

Ollie G

Hi guys

Im in the market for a new set of headphones, ideally something thats not going to break the bank but are good quality for listening and mixing?
any recommendations are appreciated
cheers

What for? Djing, general listening, production?
Over the head? in ears?

Can't go wrong with HD25's mate.
For general listening & DJ'ing they're ideal.

Production wise, you'll be fine writing with them, however I wouldn't advise using them for mixdowns.

I use DT770 Pro 80ohm's for general listening/gaming/production.

I can't recommend them highly enough, if you have something to power them off of course.

I had hd25 for 2 years now, they are great for DJing, but i would not recommend them for production/gaming/listening for long time in a row, they will cause ear fatigue really fast

Also, I just get DT990 pro, and i must say, that they are awesome, comfortable and sound is amazing. You can feel ear fatigue after long production session, but they are more ear friendly than hd25

I have the Beyer Dynamics DT770, combined with spectrum analyzers I can get nice mixes out of them, the clarity seems to stand out much than my monitors but I have KRKs :)

i bought my self these the other month and carnt rate them right enuff, Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - Matte Grey , same as @derelicts of tomorow but there grey :)

I use hd 25's to produce, but my ears get tired really quickly using them and the frequency response is not great if i remember there's a big dip in the top end somewhere. I'm gonna get a pair of yamaha hs7's soon but I'm gonna be living in a flat next year so i'm really after a better and more comfortable pair of cans for production.

I'm using Sennheiser HD280 pros. They sound great to my ears, unforgiving on the treble, present sub and they feel nice.

Also, a tip here:

There are about 47372727 different opinions on headphones. Why not to first figure out who in your opinion have the best mixdowns. Then go find what cans those artists are using?

For djing, hd25, obviously. Music production I would strongly suggest getting yourself to a shop, take some tunes and listen to them. For me personally, I have focal spirit pro, which I think are fooking amazing.

I'm using Sennheiser HD280 pros. They sound great to my ears, unforgiving on the treble, present sub and they feel nice.

Also, a tip here:

There are about 47372727 different opinions on headphones. Why not to first figure out who in your opinion have the best mixdowns. Then go find what cans those artists are using?

Cus Alix Perez uses like a thousand pound pair :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom