Drum & Bass What headphones do you guys use? (asking DJs/artists/audiophiles)

I honestly had no idea where to put this thread. It didn't seem right to put it under waffle, so I guess it's fine to ask the DJs themselves. What set do you rock it to? I'm not an audio genius, but I want to hear the music I've been listening to for over six years in tip-top quality. I feel like I need to kove away from $30 earbuds. Currently, everyone (on other forums) have been recommending the Audio Technica ATH-M50, but it'll be best to get replies from you guys.

Thoughts?

cele

VIP Junglist
if you don't wanna spend as much money for the headphones the akg 518 are really good for their price, low end is a bit strong and top end a tiny bit muddy but for their price they sound amazing (imo)

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
HDs are great. I use them for djing and listening to music. I don't really like them for music production though. I find myself overly tweaking stuff when I use them as I can never get it to sound right in headphones.
Nothing can beat a good set of monitors IMO, although I'm yet to try a higher end pair of headphones.

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
I agree with HD25-II's, theyre awesome... But i have been having a lot of problems with the cables from about a month after getting them (had em for almost 2 yrs now), have to give the connector that goes into each can a jiggle to get them working. So irritating when it happens mid mix >_<.

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
i have the hd 25 sp
slightly cheaper and i prefer the headband.

only annoying this is the cables can get tangled and strangle you.
owned them for 5 years and im on my 3rd set of replacement cable. they go for about £20 if you need to replace.

the coiled cable is boss.

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
I agree with HD25-II's, theyre awesome... But i have been having a lot of problems with the cables from about a month after getting them (had em for almost 2 yrs now), have to give the connector that goes into each can a jiggle to get them working. So irritating when it happens mid mix >_<.
yeah that's quite a standard fault, tis proper annoying at times!

bn14

VIP Junglist
Not sold on the durability tbh a hell of lot of people complain about the cables. Saying that tho im still going to buy a pair :)

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Yeah but a cable would go on anything if used 24/7 .. the rest of the cans are mad solid. Ive driven them to fuck sometimes (-15db earplugs) and they still go on! they really can take some abuse!

I had this issue too was really happy with my sennys (SP 2) until the sound started cutting out, this was only within a few months of having them too...the wires are very prone to getting twisted round, luckily as they were under a year old Currys exchanged them for the Sony V55 so I got £30 back too, bonus. The Sony ones are actually louder in comparison, maybe a bit too much bass, but was really surprised with the quality of sound

If still under warrently get them checked asap as senheissers should last years, I would still like to get the HD 25 eventually but for now these Sony ones are pretty decent

Last edited:

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
Got em on eBay man. Was gonna get them in store but due to endless harassment towards eBay I got a £40 eBay code. some SOB claimed he didn't receive the goods and they refunded him :p. Went mental . But the voucher meant I got em for like £80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk