What has happened to the Mighty Mampi Swift?

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
jeez...this release is badly pap imo...

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=CHRG042

CHRG042.JPG

black box sounds like a rmx of warhead and the other sounds like it was put together over a period of 5 minutes.

bad, cos he used to be my hero man, His DJin was on fire round 2005/2006, his tunes Jaws, The one, puppetwalk etc were floorfillers.

i cant say i really enjoyed one finger technique but i do rate guess who but this realease is a stinker...thoughts?

Totally agree. His production over the years has got worse. One Finger was pretty boring but did tear down raves. I listened to this on Chemical and nearly scratched my own eyes out.

Still one of my fave DJ's. I used to love it that he'd double drop 2 tunes together that arent supposed to go and somehow make it sound fucking large

Completley agree! Saw this and thought it was going to be a promo for Mr. Elastic. Gave it a listen and both sides basically have the same melody. It seems like he's stuck making the same tune.

mampi was the first dnb dj i went to see back in 2003, fuckin large bassliness :gun: guys a legend in my book!

There is a similar post to this from over 2 years ago so its obvious that he has been goin downhill for quite sum time now

sad times...the demise of the swift...we tried to get him for platoon in manc, as well as expenses he wanted £1600 for an hour set....laughable.

Really?

I saw him at Fabric once and his selection was a tad suspect. He played Floodlight for fuck sake!

Shame his standing in the DJ rankings isnt as high as it used to e be. I think he kinda fell out of love with the scene for a while and wasnt getting as many bookings. He's gone back to making tunes to raise his profile again but they just aint cutting it to be fair

This guy used to be my hero back in the day. Never really been a massive fan of production. But as a DJ he always used to kill it. Last time i saw him his set hadnt changed since id seen 3 years before. Same tunes & same mixes. Mans gone stale.

Oh fuck.. just seen that label.. i did that promo artwork and the hole has gone right through the text... fuck! shit..bollocks!

blerrghhh... mampi has only ever made one tune, all the rest sound pretty much the same! however, i did think '1 finger' was a nice modern update to the one!

for me, mampi is 'beginers' dnb... ie gets noobs into the scene, he used to be my favourite DJ... now i can't stand him!

for some reason, when he plays a tune i like, it sounds shit? :confused:

Use 2 b a good dj all ways liked him but just latey mmmm got the innovation in the dam cds and even on there he is a bit well clanging think the term is:confused:

Dear Mampi Swift,

MixerEQ.jpg

Please go back to using these when you are playing the basslines of two tunes together, on a very loud soundsystem.

Any problems or queries, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks & Kind Regards,

Andy A.

Back
Top Bottom