what hardware to get?

there will always be people claiming analog hardware synths sound better/more original than virtual analog modeled. One important reason is, u can earn much more with selling hardware than often piraced software. Even experts are argueing about this topic. The access virus many mentioned here is hardware vsti, it has no analog circuits, only software modeled osc and pretty fast DSP, so when this synth sounds analog, then because he was programmed pretty good, not of its hardware.

I tried myself the lennard digital synth and tone gladiator, 2 pretty 1+ virtual analog vsti. i cant hear a difference to hardware analog. And i doubt in 5 years with even faster CPU and better algorithms its worth to invest so much in hardware. Guys like subfocus, noisia, exile afaik now only run software.

Once again I'm going to mention that if you spend all your money on a "decent hardware/analogue synth", and record it through a standard computer soundcard, or a really basic soundcard/interface, its money wasted in my opinion.

People are shouting out names such as Moog, Access etc, but in your first post you said you wanted to spend around £300? Something like a Minimoog Voyager retails at around the 1500 mark for the rackmount version, and it will only sound as good as what your recording it through (I know I keep saying this, but its very important and a lot of people overlook it)

Once again I'm going to mention that if you spend all your money on a "decent hardware/analogue synth", and record it through a standard computer soundcard, or a really basic soundcard/interface, its money wasted in my opinion.

People are shouting out names such as Moog, Access etc, but in your first post you said you wanted to spend around £300? Something like a Minimoog Voyager retails at around the 1500 mark for the rackmount version, and it will only sound as good as what your recording it through (I know I keep saying this, but its very important and a lot of people overlook it)

This is true, but you don't need "perfect" conversion to yield good results.

I have an ooooold, (pretty crappy by todays standards) Delta 44 and runnin my Lil Phatty through it sounds fine.

Yeah sorry, was getting excited whilst typing lol =]

I can't wait until I have a pair myself. Hell, lol... by the time I get around to purchasing some, they'll most likely be on the MKIII series, ha.

I grabbed a pair of the 6" MKIIs for my Pops and his Triton, and they sound amazing.

How are they working out for you?

Back
Top Bottom