DnB What happened to the Autonomic dnb sound?

Ah yeah, Sunchase....really good, underrated producer.
Also someone who made a 180° turn musical-wise. Remember his first "hit"?
😬

didn't know this one. maybe for good reason. :D first sunchase tune i bought was "something white", which is a decent tune, even tho it was the flipside by n-phonix and enei that made me buy the record. sunchase became really interesting in 2010 with xa012 ("ulimate survival" / "varka") followed by his album.

not quite - i'm not sure we'll see venues opening for another 12 months still

yeh, same here. :/
but looking forward for another one.seventy release. there was this opening track in one of your podcasts which sounded like it was by daat. maybe books, but more like daat imo. can't get enough of that sound.

Last edited:
yeh, same here. :/
but looking forward for another one.seventy release. there was this opening track in one of your podcasts which sounded like it was by daat. maybe books, but more like daat imo. can't get enough of that sound.

which one was it - might be able to ID it for you

which one was it - might be able to ID it for you

think it was a podcast hosted by alexander (?) three or four months ago including lots of ambient bits. just looked it up, but unfortunately can't find it. said track was the very first one and sounded like some stuff on detuned transmissions.

I'm sure most of you know this already but Tellus is in 3VS with me and Monika. We released out debut EP last month on none60, it's definitely got some Autonomic on it:

ah look, i wasn't sure who's behind it. mesmerizing sound. "prescient". ❤
still can't believe i forgot to add your "past lives" to my best lps of 2018 btw. careless mistake.

I'm sure most of you know this already but Tellus is in 3VS with me and Monika. We released out debut EP last month on none60, it's definitely got some Autonomic on it:

Yeah that’s one I still need to pick up. You’ve been another one who’s been dabbling with the sound in recent years

i wasn't sure who's behind it. mesmerizing sound. "prescient". ❤

I think it's cool there are people who don't know who was involved. Makes it more fun.

still can't believe i forgot to add your "past lives" to my best lps of 2018 btw. careless mistake.

No worries mate.

Yeah that’s one I still need to pick up. You’ve been another one who’s been dabbling with the sound in recent years

For sure. My earlier EP's like Embrace and Last Forever were definitely more Autonomic. I feel like I've deviated from that sound in my later releases but there's still a strong influence. I'm actually working on some Autonomic stuff right now, hopefully it sees the light of day soon.

"I made this one in one night back in 2013. I felt nostalgic about early Autonomic years and wanted to just create something new with that kind of vibe. This is the first render right after that one studio sesh, I've lost the project when moved to another studio, so It sounds a bit rough but I hope you can still enjoy it. Big up to Stray and Instra:Mental for the inspiration."

Back
Top Bottom