What happened to MCMC?

disrupta

One of my favorite Mc's from the old tapes, especially from around 95/96 but you hardly hear any thing about him these days. I heard a set with him on a few years ago and he was a shadow of his best on it.
Wondered if anyone had a heads up on where he is?
Cheers.

He comes over for the odd Moondance every now and again,mainly the NYE events.

Shame that vids not longer,he was sounding good.

Yeah last time i saw him was bout 5 years ago at camden palace...think he said he was goin canada at the time.
Anyone know wot happened 2 navigator? heard a rumor he was struttin about chattin bout he was the best mc ever at global gatherin n everyone started chuckin bottles at him so he left the scene??

Yeah last time i saw him was bout 5 years ago at camden palace...think he said he was goin canada at the time.
Anyone know wot happened 2 navigator? heard a rumor he was struttin about chattin bout he was the best mc ever at global gatherin n everyone started chuckin bottles at him so he left the scene??

HAHA!!! Is that true?

yep...does quality events in LA under the name "grapevinez"...have been to a few of his shows...always proper..

big ups mcmc

mc mc and fearless were untouchable in the day true legends.bring them both back together

Just read an interview done by DnBA where Fearless states he and MC MC weren't the best of pals and they had a falling out. After that, MC MC pretty much stopped getting booked for raves

I'll try n find a link

Navigator's still around, though his style is a shadow of what it once was. Foxy's the same way, for me. Early Foxy tapes were rough, rugged and raw (as he would say), but then he he got out of prison he switched up to a double-time style that just sucked compared to his former half-time flow . . .

Moose was another guy with an original flow, whatever happened to that guy?

The wasteland of DnB MC's, haha

Just read an interview done by DnBA where Fearless states he and MC MC weren't the best of pals and they had a falling out. After that, MC MC pretty much stopped getting booked for raves

I'll try n find a link

I know this was years ago but ...

Found the link after reading your post: https://breakbeat.co.uk/interviews/on-the-mic-mc-fearless/

Nice read as well. MC MC back again for Moondance with Micky Finn in August!!!

“I want the noise to come back in the raves, the whistles, horns and crowd participation. The raves still get rammed but the response isn’t the same."

I second that. Last time I went to a rave, the djs (dbridge, insideinfo and homemade weapons) were just doing their thing, staring at their setups. They didn't seem to await any response at all. And the crowd seemed a bunch of robots, didn't even recognize "the one" or other classics. No rewinds, no mcs.

MCMC was one of my fav's. It's quite sad to hear about all this fallout. Fearless is by far one of the best mc's but he should of backed off when his boy was paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom